Looking for Nautique 196, 2002 and up

sachilders

• Baller
I can't think of ANY figure that would buy my 2008 196. I would have to try to find something else. It's not like you can just go out and buy what you want even if money was no object. Which, of course, would be the case for me.

• Baller
Just to show you how prices are really high now I bought a beautiful well I can say pristine 2009 196 with 1100 hrs 3yrs ago for $23,000 and the boat is going strong today.back then nobody wanted a boat with 1100 hrs however the seller took really good care of the boat and it was like showroom new.Prices for boats are like for trucks and houses they are worth whatever someone will pay.I am sure not a buyer of any of them......

• Baller

I sold my 2006 196 limited with 430 hrs, mint condition (2012 trailer, stargazer, cover) for $31k last October.

Could have held out for more but had already acquired a 2018 200 SN and I only have indoor storage for one boat.

• Baller

Contemplating selling my 02 196 at the end of the season. I have pulled some big guys and it got them up fine (although with full throttle). Hours are low (350) and it has Stargazer/zbox.

It's in overall great condition but the only downsides are it has the little 5.0 and the trailer fenders are a little banged up but is in otherwise good usable condition. With the smaller engine and trailer, what do you think would be a reasonable price to list? Located in Sacto CA

• Baller

@keithh2oskier gotcha. Getting out it’s a great time to sell. My 2000 with Gt-40 with perfect pass in really nice shape 500 hours went for $21k cudda got $22 apparently after the fact. Really nice trailer, crappy cover. Was getting out of the sport as well reluctantly so my body failed.

The folks that were ready at 22k were going to repower and ZO it.

I’d go big ask $22k-$24k for an as-is or repower candidate.

• Baller
@keithh2oskier might be worth your time to see if Doug Moss will have any engines available when you intend to sell. Could help having one lined up if a buyer wants a GT40 / 343 - Doug is a super resource

• Baller
Buy the boat you want! It doesn't matter if you pay 2k higher than you want....at the end of 6 or 7 years, who cares? Life's short! so , it may have cost you an extra 300 or 500 per year...who cares? Buy the boat you love and enjoy!