Prostar ZeroOff: keep getting stuck on screen

kirkbauer

• Baller

I don't know if I accidentally hit something from time to time, or if it just happens randomly, but about once per day I end up getting into a "Change Event" screen that I can't get out of. Normally I just leave it up or I have to turn the battery switch off/on again to reboot the system. Is this user error or something wrong with my boat?

17d71rs7f7n4.jpg

Here is a video that I took showing the problem. Funny enough while taking this video I did get out of it eventually and that's the first time I've been able to do that. Perhaps it was that I hit the Profiles button at just the right time? Ignore the beeping -- I was sitting at my dock and that's the shallow water alert.

• Baller

Most likely time for a new screen. It is a weak link on these boats. They get ghost touches that will change screens, change speed, or make it impossible to press certain buttons on the screen.

I will take it to the dealer first and make sure everything is up to date, etc., but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

• Baller

That looks like the classic touch screen failure of the Murphy HV700T displays. I hope it's under warranty because the screens are expensive. One thing you can try, is to make sure the screen mounting screws aren't too tight. If they are over tightened, they can put pressure on the touch screen. I'm talking about the screws that attach the HV700T to the dash.

I've actually fixed a few of these, but the issue is lack of parts availability. The LCD display / touch screen assembly is a custom optically bonded part that can't be purchased off the shelf. So the only way to get that part is from a donor display that's had a logic board failure. I think there's a possibility to use entire displays or parts from other versions of the Murphy displays that are a lot cheaper to get, but I'd need to run more tests. What's holding my up on that right now is a need a copy of the Update***.tar.gz firmware file for the HV700T display for the 14-20 ProStar so I test other displays with my ProStar. I posted on MasterCraft Team Talk trying to get someone to send me the file, but so far haven't had any luck. Some people have the files because the dealers will send it to folks if they need to update the firmware and they are too far from the dealer.