CC 196 TSC3 ZO Single Puck Install Location

vtjc

• Baller

I am preparing to replace the original dual Garmin pucks on my 2008 Ski Nautique 196 with the ECI single puck. I have reviewed Freddy’s videos. Where on the bow have people placed the single puck on a TSC3 hull? Is it possible to cover up the hole from the original Garmin puck? Any other lessons learned from this upgrade?

I am thinking I will use a 1” hole saw to drill the hole and bevel the edges with a stone grinding wheel.

Thanks in advance for your advice and input.

OE Garmin Location

ybmtnjhrvefz.jpg

2 Location Options A & B

l5w6mkil1jke.jpg

• Baller

On my install I was able to cover the hole completely (after enlarging for the plug) no problem. (Your "A" location) As mentioned by @thager I just left the port side puck.

Freddy's video is somewhat confusing as far as connections go. The new harness is a jumper, if you will, between what you unplug from the old setup. Should be common sense, but he confused me by saying plug in only one end, or something like that.

• Baller
@LeonL In that my boat was pre-Zero Off, the antenna wires were run through the air in-take vents directly below the windshield. Jody S. did the original ZO conversion way back in 2009. Still works perfectly. Both Skip and Jody know inboards!!

• Baller

Thanks for the advice. I will move forward with location A having the new puck covering the OE hole.

@thager the mount is off center and will be on the port side of the puck with the arrow facing forward so I don’t think it is possible to utilize the exact location of the OE hole. fuks845lyt09.jpg

Another related thread:

​​https://forum.ballofspray.com/discussion/18494/zero-off-single-puck-install-any-advice/p1

• Baller
@vtjc I did not mean to center it on original hole but to cut hole with hole saw as jody_Seal described. Make a paper template of the puck first to make sure it will fit. If you drill hole forward and towards center of boat keeping original hole in the 1" hole saw diameter it sure looks like it should fit.