Good mooring cover for an '06 Malibu Response LXI

jmac2582

Just picked up a new to me '06 Malibu Response LXI that has a cover that has seen better days. Went out to look around and there are a ton of cover options that seem like they might fit and might makes me nervous. Anyone have a recommendation that they can share?

• Baller
I just ordered a Westland custom fit cover for my 02 Malibu Sportster through Bald Mikes. They should have the 06 LXI pattern as well. It is sunbrella and fits great. I was going to order from skiboatcovers.com but they are 8-10 weeks out right now. My Westland cover took about 2 weeks to show up.

• Baller

I have done a lot of research on them. If you want the best trailering cover, Evolution hands down but it’s probably a year out. 2nd best will be the commercial sewing cover.
Ski boat covers or Skip If you want more of the boat covered for mooring.
Westland is probably the cheapest and fastest but not as well fitting.
I own an Evolution cover and love it.cnic0csmbet3.jpeg

• Baller

What's your use case? If towing, yes, Evolution can't be beat (I have one too and it's awesome). But it's a lousy cover for keeping UV off of your colored gelcoat. Covers that cover your boat down to the chines are great at keeping the boat looking new but are awful on the trailer.

• Baller

Skip Dunlap’s Tumac full waterline covers are lightweight and durable. The synthetic material is much easier to use (lightweight) and to clean than my last 4 or 5 covers (TaylorMade and ski boat covers.com). It doesn’t breathe but has 2 air vents. I recall Commercial Sewing rep at The Masters saying that vents move much more air than a breathable fabric.

On Skip’s recommendation, I use 2 Caframo dehumidifiers plugged into a holiday light timer. I’m in a coastal area and have had zero mold issues.