First there was S Lines

• Baller

Just received my Z line and I’m very impressed. No stretch unlike S lines Comp. looks and feels like better quality. I felt connected with the rope right out of the box.

Same price. All in tolerance after multiple rides.

• Baller

Website established June 11, 2022.

Owner setup through a proxy.

No names or contacts anywhere on website.

Picture of stringing machine is professional and next to a commercial setup, not a garage or small space.

Suspect this is a spin out or side project of a part time employee from an existing company. Suspect ties to Florida and Alabama.

Something smells.

• Baller_

in the 80's and early 90's a company called freestyler ropes were one of the preferred ropes in tournaments at the time. Even up Start Masterline was buying bulk rope from them until they built their own braiding machines.

it is not a inexpensive endeavor for start up of a rope company let alone purchase braiding machines for waterski lines. Freestyler Braiding machines could very well be braiding bulk rope for an entity building waterski ropes.

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Glad to see manufactured in the USA..

• Baller

@Mastercrafter not bashing S lines. People ask for opinions on how the rope feels. Not everyone is going to like S lines nor ML. . Just like not everyone likes HO or Radar ropes. Should me mad or talk down to somebody because they don’t agree with you.

Oh I’ve been on the forum since 2011

• Baller

Jane Gay. Huh anybody know her?

Hilarious thread.

I’m about 80% certain I know who big spray is or their last name lmao

Hey bigspray, when are we gonna night ski on east/west at Okeeheelee again?

• Baller

Good news, think I am going to order as I know Z-lines quality is probably the same as Masterline quality or even better!

They use the same machines that ML does, even down to the red/yellow cylinder caps. Wow what a bargain. Maybe their cheaper as they clean the machine before taking pictures. What a deal.

Z-lines:

246xjbs122y4.jpeg

ML factory, cool stuff!!62ndvs4as94d.png

63hi3pndkpu2.png

Offer stands for any Ballers if you want sets at Okeeheelee. Bigspray, I don't believe you. I know who you are, it's ok :)

• Like 1

• Baller
@Mastercrafter I think I need to finish dialing in the rubber for our handles before I try to tackle the boat market. I like boats as much as rope but my wife might be a little upset if I take on that venture haha.

• Baller
This is an interesting thread! If ML was going establish a subsidiary for lower cost products, you would not of expected a name that appears to mimic a competitor with a likely intention to confuse the customer. This does provide an inference to ML's cost of sales, by the Z line price.

• Baller

@JackQ - that's the thing if they feel threatened.... they already have a lower quality rope for sale.

They just need to make sure people feel like they can buy that rope, use it, and ski tournaments.

So their achilles heel is that they don't use their ropes in tournaments? Right?

• Baller

If one ML is 80$ and the other ML top product is 190$,isn't there a different level of quality?

I will add that i bought several ropes from Joe at Cottonwood in the past including the ''ski club'' level ropes and top level ropes.

Certainly a difference in the quality.

Very happy with my 70$ ropes.Only a deep 35 skier...

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

@dave2ball

My comment has nothing to do with Z-line's products. I think 70 is an ok price for a mainline heck maybe 50.

If these are two totally unrelated ventures z lines vs masterline then I would expect that masterline is going to have to cut their prices over the next year if z-lines s-lines ho and radar all have very usable American made mainlines for under 80 bucks its gonna be pretty rediculous for masterline to be 180.

Of course if z lines is masterline well f that noise they already have cheaper mainlines. If this is that but cheaper...

But sounds like you can fill in details?

• Baller
@BraceMaker go to Z lines website and look around. They are build what you need or want. As far as mainlines. I have skied Z lines and feel very connected just like ML ropes. Same quality. Just doesn’t have many bells and whistles.