O'Brien Siege or Connelly Shortline?

Hello,

I am trying to decide between an O'brien Siege (~2017 model) and Connelly Shortline (~2018). They are the only good options for used skis in my area. They are the same price.

Which one do you think is better for me?

I am a beginner skier and just want to mess around on the lake with my family.

Male

My weight: 165

Height: 5' 10"

Any help on this would be appreciated!

• Baller

@MinnesotaMiller prior posts mentioning the Siege having many iterations are correct. In the '90s the ski was a narrow tunnel ski which you either loved or hated. Not sure there is a single narrow tunnel ski being made today. Funny story to give an example of the non user friendly attributes of some narrow tunnel skis: Kidder had one called the Velocity and within 3 months discontinued it and introduced the Velocity ST. My Kidder rep at the time said the ST was an acronym for "Second Try".

However, the 2017 Siege is made from the Sixam 2.0 mold but doesn't have the 100% carbon construction (100% is a marketing gimmick which referrs to the top layer being a sheet of carbon covering 100% of the ski rather than strips as in the early days of carbon constructed skis). The 2017 Siege is very capable of taking you through 28 off and is a super stable platform if you are a true beginner.