2021 radar vapor pro build vs 2022

BTheis

• Baller

I was on the 20 - silver and am now on the 22 white. The 20-21 are the same except for colors typically, major changes are every other year.

Much better offside for me, quicker to accelerate and more consistent. I’m running much more consistent better passes on the 22.

• Baller

The 20-21 had the same rocker, shape etc. and a deeper tunnel than previous skis. The 21 added the new bottom and tip/tail piece. The 21 is a great ski, I ran a lot of my hardest passes on it. I notice the added grip with no extra effort. The ski rotated through the turn better than previous years. When you got over the front with your shoulders it wouldn’t bite on you and shut down but it would lose angle. I had a hard time moving on from this ski.

The 22 has an even deeper tunnel that gives the ski more grip. I think the 22 ski is overall an easier to ski ride. I think it grabs angle easier and turns from more positions on the ski. Getting over the front to far, the ski seems to shut down but holds angle so you still have a chance to make the next buoy. The ski stays under me better out to the ball and back to the wakes. Would I go back to the 21? Nope. The 22 is an easier ski to ride and has given me more consistent scores.

• Baller
@BTheis I ski the '22 66 and I am 165 or so. Perfect for you at 34mph/55kmh. Like @Bdecker I went from 20 to 22, loved the 20, love the 22 even more. Offside is better, ski is super fast but also manageable.

• Baller

The title of the thread was about differences between 2021/2022 vapor

Why do you need to tell us you have brought a D3.

It had nothing to do with vapours, people looking at this thread would be interested in the differences in the vapor, not the fact that you Brough a D3???

• Baller

I have a 2021 Radar Vapour that I allotted approximately a dozen rides on in 2022 but I got frustrated when it didn't work for me using basically the Long/Shallow numbers.   I was eventually riding it with Long/Shallow numbers, at 35 off, with a forward binding placement; however, if I was aggressive with my offside turn the tail of the ski would wash out every time.  

I put the ski away for the winter and and I have now just pulled it out of the closet and now I am trying to dial it in.  I immediately started using the short/deep find numbers with the recommended 29" 3/4 binding placement for a 67" ski.  I am still getting the washout on my offside turn.  Any suggestions?   

For Radar's recommended fin numbers, when providing DFT numbers, are they using slot calipers or non slot calipers?

Thanks