2022 Vapor Boot Location

PurdueSkier

• Baller
Has anyone gone from a 2021 or older vapor boot to the new 2022 vapor boot? My old front boot finally ripped and I replaced it with a new 2022. However the heel of the boot is different and I believe is impacting my measurements. I would like it exactly where my old one was but not sure where to measure from or how to convert from the old to new. Any experience?

• Baller
Confirmed, it’s on their web site. Bottom of front boot to tail. Previous versions were the second stitch line at back of boot. I haven’t had my hands on the new boot so not sure if bottom of boot is really clear. Hit up Brooks Wilson or Matt Rini. Or call Performance.

• Baller
Thanks for the comments. Yes I am measuring from the base of the boot at the plate. I guess my question may fit better in the boot position thread @Horton started. My real question how does my actual foot location compare when measuring the old boot at the stitch compared to the new boot at the base? I think I have it close and will just go ski. Just curious if others found they needed to adjust forward or back to match the old bindings.

• Baller

2022 boot on a 2022 ski is pretty accurate. Of course, then you have to wonder how large the tape hook Radar used was. New boot on an older ski is a crap shoot since the measure point changed from the stitching to the bottom of boot. The size of my 3 different tape measures and their different hook sizes varies my measurements by about 3/16th of an inch.

Radars boot measurements like fin setting # are meant to get you in the ball park. Tweak from there. After some trial and error I am 1/8" to 3/16th back from where my 2021 boots were on my 2019 Senate Pro.

• Baller
@thager all tape measures unless your using something from Harbor Freight have taken in account the hook. If you notice there will be a small amount of play. This is built in for allowance of whether you hook or butt up to your measuring point.

• Baller
@PurdueSkier my thinking on this is if you were mounting the old boot from the second stitch or the new boot from the bottom it is still where Radar recommends the starting point for boot placement on that particular ski.

• Baller
Not talking about that. The back of the boot slants away from the measuring point. The bigger (taller) the hook the higher the hook leading edge goes up the boot. I placed my boots on my Senate Pro using a tailors clothing tape (no hook) at 30 1/2". With a standard 1/4" wide tape it shows 30 3/8". With my 3/4" wide tape measure it reads 30 1/4".