Life’s Good when you’re old

2Valve

• Baller

you raise your slalom course and then have to politely ask a fisherman to move out of the way.

He’s a good guy but comments, “I used to slalom but I’m too old for that young stuff now”.

“how old are you sir?”, I ask.

“65”, he says.

Then my 66 year old buddy runs four consecutive, very easy 28’s.

We celebrated with Baileys in our coffee.

It’s good to be old.

• Baller

I finished a barefoot run a few weeks ago. Guy pulls up alongside saying “good for you getting up and going again after a good faceplant”. And that he had done some barefooting back in the day but was too old for that now. Was probably in his 50s. I’m 67. Another time I ran into a guy who used to wakeboard but no longer. Since he’s too old for that now. He was 35. i47dwevaxbpl.jpeg

• Baller
Thanks to my wife of 40 years and driver for 35 years, this morning ran 2 x 28, 2 x 32, 2 x 35 and 38 off @ 34 mph..but was too rough to barefoot dang it! Those of us who have continued to ski and stay in shape are truly blessed and are still reaping the rewards or our efforts to keep it up! Congrats to all of you!!

• Baller
Agree with all. “ Don’t let the old man in” - Clint Eastwood at age 90 quote when producing, directing and starting in a new film. At 66 still skiing daily, fix my own cars , do all my own yard work , major home improvement projects, etc etc. One of our ski buddies just turned 81, still running the course. Do it while you can. Yes far too many folks I see look so past doing most anything. I don’t plan on getting there for many many years. Go ski!

• Baller
Love this post! Last year I dropped to shorten after a pass in the course and a guy in a nearby bass boat yells out: “How old are you?” I told him I was 65 and he told his buddy: “I told you that was an old guy skiing!” My ski buddy and I had a great laugh and then headed back into the course.

• Baller
Last year I was skiing terribly, my skills diminishing in the 2 years since turning 65. It was not fun anymore, and I almost quit. I laid off a month, reevaluated my situation, and decided to relearn how to ski. I went back to an old reliable ski, opening at 15 off, running multiple passes to get comfortable again. I finally got to running a few 32 offs again. In the process I rediscovered how to have fun again, even on a less successful day. My grandfather used to tell me It's hell getting old. It doesn't have to be. I'm happy to get out on the water every chance I get.