Broken Radar Carbo Handle after 10 uses

12jam6

Hi, I purchased the most expensive ski handle I have ever had and it broke mid cut on about the 10th ski. Been skiing for 40 years and Never had a handle break from cheap ropes. Anybody had a similar experience? I need a new one now - can someone recommend one with good grip that will not break - Radar should be embarrassed by this safety and quality issue on their top of the line handle.

Haha sorry for my frustration came through! It mostly comes from me being 2 hours away from the nearest nee handle and we are having the hottest and calmest days of the entire summer! With fuel prices high it’s a 300 dollar hit to run for another handle. I will whine to Radar and see what happens but for now I just need to get a good handle and get out there!

• Baller

Brooks will take care of you. He’s a solid guy who stands behind the products they make. I’ve never had ANY issue Brooks and Radar didn’t jump all over to fix.

It does suck to have an equipment issue sideline you though. Understand your frustration. I had boat electronics issues with the nearest dealer about 3 hours away. That one had me hot.

• Baller
@12jam6 I would suggest not "whining" to radar but asking them nicely to help you out. Shit happens but you are far more likely to get good support from the company by contacting them first in a civil manner than bashing them here. Radar is awesome and Brooks is awesome.

I just used whining as a quick word I’m a rather diplomatic guy and I wouldn’t support a whiner either. I live in Canada where fuel is more costly than the US due to taxes and drive a truck. 130 for the handle plus 70 for fuel plus 4 hours of my time at a discounted rate of 25 per hour is 300. Normally I would expect 25.75 per hour. Can anyone tell me how to get hold of this Brooks gent and thanks for all the help folks much appreciated have a great weekend make some turns and don’t get injured!

• Baller

You mean that the only available handle was yours? No other handle from fellow skiers, so to ski until you get a new one? Buy online and delivered to your door step, I guess is an option too… even overnight should be a lot cheaper than driving your track to the nearest dealer.

Okay I just figured out how to PM you Brooks, thanks everyone I was really not expecting such great support, just wanted some recommendations on a good handle or rope and curious to see if anyone else had the same thing happen.

• Baller

@12jam6 sorry for your troubles, feel for ya! As you've noticed, a lot of folks on here take exception to publicly voicing your frustration about ski companies, especially without contacting them 1st. Well, unless said company is Correct Craft. You can talk trash about them all you want without pushback!

jk

but it's true.

I still have old handle but I replaced it with a good one as it was slippery like it was packaged in WD40 or something could not hang on to it. I was hoping for some recommendations on a handle and was trying to warn others of a potential risk that’s all I was trying to do sorry for the confusion.

• Baller
Must have been a fluke. Radar is a great company and I knew they would help. I have 3 of there skis and 2 sets of gloves that the moment. While I used another brand for handles I would definitely use their vapor handle - my buddy has one this season and it has a nice tacky grip when I've used it and has 100's of passes on it.

• Baller
I have had several issues over the years with different manufacturers equipment and 1 reputable dealer. Every single time when spoken to they made it right. One manufacturer even warranted a ski that was off warranty. I find in this sport if you stay with reputable dealers and manufacturers, they will almost always make it right.

• Baller_
When I was an early teenager and ropes and handles were pretty shitty, my ski partner’s dad started making handles instead of buying them, as we’d break something just about every week. After we had gone through all the broomsticks and tried an old and broken shovel, he started cutting saplings. And that was all before gloves!

Lpskier

• Members
I have a wicked case of golf elbow this year and listened to the Spraymakers podcast about the same. Ordered a Radar anti roll handle. It was cheap looking and 7” short! Fine for practice, but what kind of quality control is that? Radar skis and customer support are first rate, but it seems like their handles are made in China with no adult supervision.