Jump course(accufloat)

3mustskiteer

• Baller

Anyone have experience/use a floating stlye (accufloat) jump course? I'm considering one for an alternate jump setup location on a lake I ski. This lake is prone to heavy ice movement & in the past the regular anchors & subs have been moved/damaged. The floating cable system would allow the course to lay on the bottom out of harm's way over the winter & easily retrieve it in the spring with grappling hook. Main questions are how do you align it with a permanent jump location? Square it up & keep it from drifting slightly in the wind etc?

• Baller

We have one. Works pretty well. It does move some in a crosswind etc but then likely the jump does too so not sure its too big of an issue. You could either keep the fixed buoys in while you are setting up and dropping the end anchors or survey the anchors in.

• Baller

Yes we sink it at the end of every season. We designed it with extra rope at each end so that it actually makes jump setup easier as you can move the course backwards and forwards and not have to touch the jump. Shouldn’t be too bad aligning the course to the ramp if you leave the old buoys in and adjust compared to them or survey the location of your anchors. No problem keeping it there once the anchors are in

• Baller

@3mustskiteer I used one for the World Games. The course came with a buoy connection point 10m back of the mid time buoy to line up with the jump, then you remove the buoy. You need 200 lbs. of tension on the cable to keep it tight. I used screw anchors in the lake bottom. I marked the course line first, then installed the anchors. Then you tweak the position of the jump. Anchor lines need to be ten times the depth of the water.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller