Guessing a legit 41off. ?

Wish

• Administrators

@Wish as you know practice doesn't count :-)

Joel is legit and he's going to knock it down in a tournament legit but to be fair there's a lot more guys that run it every once in a while in practice then there are guys who've ever knocked it down in their tournament.

• Administrators

as for the binding yes he uses the drill gun every time he puts his binding on and somebody has to bring it to him every time he falls at a tournament. hysterical

• Baller

Who can run 41 in practice (without regard to driver and sure path) is one thing, running 41 in a tournament in the heat of competition is quite another. I ran many 39 off in practice with good drivers and boat paths, but (and you could call them legitimate) but until I run 39 in a tournament it is not official nor does it count.

• Baller

Pretty sure @JoelHowley didn't fly over to the US specifically to run a 41 if it was only a way off slim chance. This is getting done semi regularly back home with @LK_skier. Unfortunately it didn't work out this time for those two tournaments but it's coming.

• Supporting Member

Yes, practice does not count. And yet, I think we overstate sometimes. Here are two people who have NOT run -41 in a record tournament: Joel Howley and me. But one of us has run it in "tournament-like" practice conditions, and so seems a weeee bit more likely to run it in an actual tournament.

So maybe practice doesn't "count" but it does matter.

• Baller

"I've run 41 a number of times in practice, but not yet in a tourney". Someone says that I've still got mad respect!I am glad I finally got my tourney 38 given I didn't ski many tourneys/season--I feel more legit! Sure wanted bro Jim to knock down a tourney 39--gave me ulcers watching.

• Baller

If you do it in a tournament set, straight up the rope with all passes in tolerance and you actually go around all the buoys and make all the gates, you can feel pretty damn good about it. But still practice.

In a tournament you have to do all of the above and deal with nerves, maybe a driver you don’t know or a boat you are not used too. It’s harder.

Clearly Joel proved he is capable in the CAProAm when he nearly ran 41. He got 5 right? I am cheering for him to put one formally in the book. I am sure Joel would agree, only then it counts.

• Baller

@JoelHowley there's lots of folks over here rooting for you. You were the biggest name missing from the Hilltop ProAm this year, IMO. Its great place to run -41 and the PacNW would love to have you. Connelly HQ is just up the street. Wink wink, nudge nudge, known what I mean.

k3bl5bnzlnih.jpeg