Will a 200 trailer work for the new Ski Nautique?

skihart

• Baller

Hi Guys

Looking at a used new model Ski Nautique, but i was wondering if my current 200 trailer would work for the new hull?

I am guessing no but thought i would ask. I only use the trailer twice a year to put the boat in and out. If it goes more than 5 miles a year it would be a miracle.

Thanks

• Baller

@skihart you need to check on the 200 trailer if the bunks are frame or bunk style mounted. If it’s frame the Nautique probably won’t fit because this puts the hull down low on the trailer between the fenders. If it’s bunk style the boat sits above the fenders which allows it to fit. As far as the bunk placement in relation to the bottom hull of the Nautique, you will be fine.

• Baller

If you have access to the trailer for a good price any local trailer shop or well etrailer.com and you can make it fit fine.

MC and nautique usually come with trailers but so many other boats the marina "fits" one. So shorelander ez on etc we would sling a boat over the trailer adjust the bow stop till tongue weight was in spec then shift bunks and rollers to the chines. Voile out the door.

• Baller

I was told in 2019 the the bottom wetted surfaces of the two boats was pretty much the same. That may have been misinformation. If it's true, then it would make sense the same trailer could be used. I could see maybe the bowrail bunks, tow rings, and winches could be a little different. However, I would still think a new trailer would better protect your investment and resale.