Vapor Pro 2022 vs 2023 Vapor Pro

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Hello, Good People, I hope your preparations for the new season are going well.

I would like to ask if the 2023 Vapor Pro is a better choice than the 2022 Vapor Pro, following amendments made to the ski, or is there little difference, has anybody skied on both or can give a measured response.

I have heard different things, but Hortons review, of the 2023 Vapor Pro, seems to be positive, some people, not all people may I add, that I spoke to, were not too sure about the 2022 Vapor

Many Thanks

• Like 1

• Baller

@Stevie Boy

the 2023 vapor is a refined version of the 2022, so I would recommend going with the 23. It’s the 2nd year of that shape, so it’s a smaller change, but To answer your question I would say it’s the better ski. 

it’s the same ski/shape the only thing we did was we did a softer layup especially through the tip, that allows it to move through the backside of the turn more automatic. I think you’ll find you would like that more so. 

• Baller

Because there is no Demo available in my location, based on Hortons review and the comments above, I have taken a leap of faith and spent a considerable amount of my hard earned cash, very pretty ski, blue/white.

My only disappointment was that there were no Radar Socks in the Box !

• Baller

@Stevie Boyobviously cold water affects how the ski turns along with a number of things.

A couple of things you can do:

Fin back would be one of the first things I would do. 

Fin deeper 

Move bindings back a 1/16 or an 1/8. This keeps more ski out of the water in the preturn to help add some space. 

Any of those will help. 

I'm not a huge fan of tuning my ski for colder water, if I do; I usually only do the first one which is move the fin back. 

• Baller

@ColeGiacopuzzi Hi there, after claiming the 2023 was not turning for me , I rechecked the fin which was incorrect, the ski now turns, may be a little too much, not the smoothest of hook up, (sometimes but not consistent) I would like to back it off just a little, are we looking at a fin adjustment or binding movement ?  still on stock Short and Deep

Many Thanks Stevie

• Baller

@ColeGiacopuzzi You were spot with those fin settings for the Senate Pro. What a difference moving from deeper 2.485 shorter 6.865 to the shallower longer. it  really freed the ski up.

I have one more question. I use a T factor front boot and the heel is very similar to the Radar  front boot heel. Should I measure the binding placement from the heel(plastic) of the front boot to the tail of the ski or the heel rubber? I think that if you are using Radar boots it is the heel(plasticc) of the front boot.

• Like 1

• Baller

@gmut Nice!!! yeah we’ve found that those numbers work much better when setting up senate pros! 

I’m pretty confident on T factors you measure from the heel rubber not the plastic trim.

Edit: I just checked their website to be sure and that is correct it is heel rubber.

Edited by ColeGiacopuzzi

• Baller

Yes D3 now just did confirm for me after inquiring that the correct measurement for tfactors is  as @skibrain shows to the heel rubber,  not the trim.  Very glad this thread is here and this was shown, as again I had set mine based on trim per the staffer instructions. That's a huge difference! Guess I can blame a portion of my problems on binding out of placement  - At least til next time I ski 

• Like 1