Iowa City, Iowa

GregDavis

• Baller

Have good friend, Just finished college, will be moving to Iowa City to take teaching job.  She skied on U. Cinn. water ski team.   Awesome young girl.  I told her I would help her find some ski partners to ski with near Iowa City.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you     Greg Davis   407-617-3417

• Baller

I skied on their team in the 90's, it surged about 10 years ago when my nephew @RazorRoss3was there as he secured them a MC Prostar and a really good 3-eventer from MN was there---went to collegiate Nat's.

Not sure their status now.  No private sites in/near Iowa City that I know of.  I made the drive with frequency(45-50'' from Iowa City) to the site of the Waterloo Waterhawks.  They have a show and a 3-event set up on a private next to the interstate just south of Waterloo.  Membership was dirt cheap.  I think for a while they allowed the University ski team to train there an host a collegiate tourney.  Eventually I lived in Waterloo for 3 years and skied there on the cheap along with tournaments there.  

If just skiing recreationally the Coralville Rez is ok early morning and weekdays.  There are at least 3 different public ramp options up/down the Rez.  

Edited by 6balls

• Baller

@dbutcher he is skiing.  Was in FL training not that long ago w/ski partner Lance Fischer (they flew Lance's twin Bonanza).  He is gonna hit a ski school with his two cousins upcoming, and will be hitting it hard all summer.  He actually just bought a lot at the trophy lakes site in New Germany as well.  Just saw him Saturday he's a beast like his old man.

I will bug him and see if he knows anything about the Iowa City ski scene at this point.