Looking for advice on buying a new slolam ski

JNutty

This year I plan on skiing in the course more often and need some advice on what ski to buy. My local store has a 2019 GTR Connelly available along with some newer skis like the Radar Senate Graphite 2022/2023. Even though the GTR is an older model than some of the newer skis available, is it still a good choice for course skiing? Or am I better off getting a newer mid-range ski like the graphite?

Thank you, @MDB1056 @UWSkier @2Valve for the great advice. Although I am a beginner in the course I have been slaloming in the open water for almost 10 years. Is there a ski you could recommend that is between the Graphite and the GTR? The store I am going to also has a RADAR VAPOR GRAPHITE 2022. Would this be a better fit for my level?

• Baller

@JNutty

You might like skiing open water at 32 or 34 or 36 mph and ripping around on a top end ski.  But when you say beginner what is your level in the course currently.

Beginner meaning you've never run a pass or beginner meaning you're regularly making full passes and are speeding up and shortening the rope regularly?

• Baller
3 hours ago, JNutty said:

Thank you, @MDB1056 @UWSkier @2Valve for the great advice. Although I am a beginner in the course I have been slaloming in the open water for almost 10 years. Is there a ski you could recommend that is between the Graphite and the GTR? The store I am going to also has a RADAR VAPOR GRAPHITE 2022. Would this be a better fit for my level?

I've demo'd a few skis in the past year and most of them make me appreciate the Connelly Carbon V. It's very forgiving of my lackluster skills.