Added a new boat

motoxr

• Baller

Having always read terrific posts about the 196 here on BOS, I thought it would be a fantastic boat. The initial test drive was impressive. Now I want to really clean it up before we start using it.

Really excited to have it!

• Baller

I did a new steering cable and rudder packing right after I got mine and the steering was marvelously smooth.  What motor do you have?  Speed control?  Depending on motor you could Z.O. it.  @thager has an awesome mounting solution right in the driver's side cup-holder for the control module.  

Here is another one:

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/d/shelbyville-2003-correct-craft-ski/7619527539.html

• Baller

Nice boat! Seems like we think alike, we both have a ProStar and now an older Nautique. But mine is more of a project boat than yours! I picked it up last year and haven't really started on it yet. But my workshop out-building at the lake house should be done in the next 6-8 weeks and then this project will get going. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

• Baller
11 hours ago, 6balls said:

I did a new steering cable and rudder packing right after I got mine and the steering was marvelously smooth.  What motor do you have?  Speed control?  Depending on motor you could Z.O. it.  @thager has an awesome mounting solution right in the driver's side cup-holder for the control module.  

Here is another one:

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/d/shelbyville-2003-correct-craft-ski/7619527539.html

That's an interesting comment about ZO.

It has the Excalibur 330 engine. The speed control was not included, so I just ordered the Perfect Pass Stargazer with ZBox.

Was ZO an option for me?

• Baller_

it's funny , just got off the phone with a fella in Canada with an 03 and a naff mefi controller. either looking for a replacement or updating to E control.  any one out that has done the conversion and still have their mefi controller hit me up I may have a home for it..

E control requires complete engine wire harness replacement as well as a few mounting brackets and ecm and sending units.