Noob amongst Pros! Ski help

ranhood

• Baller

Wow! Just found this forum and i'm listening and reading!  Love it!!  Old dog (56) skied my whole life, never on a course.  I usually ski my OLD Connelly Shortline2.  My tight wallet is gonna open for a new ski.  Still wanna make spray, but 80% of time, the public lakes are chop!!  I now ski around 24 - 28 mph.  Looking at Open Water/Crossover/Freeride type ski?!!  I see Senate Alloy, HO Omni, maybe Senate Union.  Weight 180 wet.  What suggestions, what am I not seeing?? I need to keep hanging and making turns while I still can!!  Tks gang!!

• Like 3

• Baller_

I'm an old guy (58) like you and mostly free ski but just getting into the course.  I love my Carbon V.  Easy up and very stable in all conditions but turns very nicely.  Carbon Omni would be another good choice from what I hear.

• Baller
9 minutes ago, MitchellM said:

I'm an old guy (58) like you and mostly free ski but just getting into the course.  I love my Carbon V.  Easy up and very stable in all conditions but turns very nicely.  Carbon Omni would be another good choice from what I hear.

I appreciate your input!!

• Like 1

• Baller

You just brought back some memories of my old mid-80s Shortline 2 with the tunnel inside another tunnel, stepped tail and weird squiggly fin with a plastic wing.  Dang, they tried some weird stuff back then.  I was able to ski into -32 at 36 mph in tournaments on it though.  My friends all told me to upgrade to an HP or a Concept but I was a poor college student with a 3-event addiction.   I was barely able to keep up with equipment for all 3 events, gas money, entry fees, beer money, etc.  Super fun times!  Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

• Baller
16 hours ago, MitchellM said:

+1 on the Carbon Omni - or even the Syndicate Omni

• Like 1

• Baller
On 5/15/2023 at 7:55 PM, Cooper_Trelawney said:

You just brought back some memories of my old mid-80s Shortline 2 with the tunnel inside another tunnel, stepped tail and weird squiggly fin with a plastic wing.  Dang, they tried some weird stuff back then.  I was able to ski into -32 at 36 mph in tournaments on it though.  My friends all told me to upgrade to an HP or a Concept but I was a poor college student with a 3-event addiction.   I was barely able to keep up with equipment for all 3 events, gas money, entry fees, beer money, etc.  Super fun times!  Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I can let you borrow it! =}  Sounds like the good life... gas, fees, beer!!  Times were good back then yet times are good today too!!  Keep on keeping on

• Baller

I'm a big Radar fan - have several.   I would look at the Senate or Union.   You will need new bindings most likely - i really like the Vector Boa if you are looking for a front binding.    One suggestion is to not toss you ski the 1st time you ski it - i did not like my Radar Theory until I got a feel for where to stand on it, but once I did it was magic.

• Like 1