Starting 2023 the right way

JohnN

• Baller

So I just kicked off my 2023 season down in Florida, at Jodi Fisher's Ski School. Since these were my first rides of the season I was curious to get Jodi's view on how best to approach starting a new summer. What Jodi gave me was focused more on really dialing in what is happening outside the course to set things up for a more successful competition season. Stance and balance on the ski, really feeling the front ankle flexing, and focusing on working these things in the time from getting up to the pullout and from the end gates to setting down. It was different than my normal approach and something that I think will pay off in the long run - having the discipline to work on fundamentals in the time outside the course (which is more than out time in the course generally). The other unique thing he uses is a set of colored buoys to indicate the optimum pull out width for different line lengths. I found that to be very useful to have a visual indicator of getting the correct pullout width, consistently. Jodi had a relaxed approach, and provided concrete, usable tips to build into a stronger season. There was a fun and diverse group of skiers at the school as well, hailing from all around the US and Europe. If you're down in the Orlando area I would highly recommend doing some skiing with Jodi.  

• Like 2

• Baller

@JohnN Jodi is absolutely correct. Your gates and pullout set up what happens in the course. It controls your flow with the boat. Do it right and you will be on a great line. Do it wrong and you just chase the boat through the course never feeling free in the turn.  

• Like 1