Terry Winter Neo 2

Maxsend

• Baller

Always loved that classic  slo-mo Terry video . Great ski too - X7 - don't see those come up often 

This one is my most fun Terry video - but needs great ear buds and volume to experience. 

Edited by MDB1056
  • Like 3

• Baller

If I am consuming any of the flowpoint content correctly Terry isnt standing tall at that moment his ski is carrying out and he's extending based on his edge change as opposed to extending knees or pressing on the ski the ski is on a path that creates his standing tall.  

I could be off but thats my read.

• Elite Skier

@BraceMakerJust describing the way I get it done. It’s very much an action for me. I move up and out into the buoy. I want to engage the tip of the ski by moving my hips over my bindings, and I want to use my entire body as an extension of the rope to have enough length to get around the buoy. 

• Like 4

• Baller
14 minutes ago, twhisper said:

@BraceMakerJust describing the way I get it done. It’s very much an action for me. I move up and out into the buoy. I want to engage the tip of the ski by moving my hips over my bindings, and I want to use my entire body as an extension of the rope to have enough length to get around the buoy. 

@twhisper Are you pressing with your rear foot to begin the shift up and forward, or using your body's inertia in combination with the slowing ski to "passively" achieve that tall position? Or neither, and I'm way off base?

• Baller
On 6/11/2023 at 11:14 AM, Maxsend said:

I could watch this all day.

Notice how he stands tall before the turn. I need to do that. How about you? What are you working on?

I’m working on that too. I’ve gotten coaching from @twhisper a few times and he always wants me to “stand tall” into the turn. Also to keep my shoulders open to the boat during acceleration. Constant work in progress. Terry’s a natural athlete and a beast behind the boat. Super cool guy too. Saw him run 5@41 from the boat as well. Amazing. 

• Like 2