New vest wanted

Gtew

I've been skiing on a Camaro Impact vest for a few years.  I'm 200lbs with little body fat and the vest barely keeps be afloat.  I don't want to go to a bulky vest but need some more flotation.  Looking for recommendations.

Thanks.

• Baller

@Gtew what size are you looking for in a vest?  I have a brand new XL Eagle I’d like to get rid off.   It’s the men’s black camo vest.   It’s my second Eagle vest and love it but I slimmed down to a size Large instead so this one needs to go.   Has never seen water.

10 hours ago, C5Quest said:

@Gtew what size are you looking for in a vest?  I have a brand new XL Eagle I’d like to get rid off.   It’s the men’s black camo vest.   It’s my second Eagle vest and love it but I slimmed down to a size Large instead so this one needs to go.   Has never seen water.

How well does it float you?  Buoyancy is my main goal now.  I’m thinking of trying the new stokes because he’ll let me return it if I want.  I’m tired of holding my breath between passes to stay afloat.

• Baller

Another +1 on Stokes.  I've had 3 brands of competition vests (including a Masterline Eagle) in the past few years and Stokes is by far the most bouyant.  And it is just as lightweight and as slim of a profile as the others.  I'm 6'4" 210 lbs and the XL fits me perfectly 

• Like 2

• Baller

I kind of went in a little different direction and tried the Follow vest after being on Camaro for quite a while. I liked the Camaro because the 'back brace' kept the vest from flipping up on more violent falls. It always did well, but I hated that it weighed 1 ton (American, not Metric) when it was wet. I also wear an earplug in one ear, so I found the pocket in the follow vest intriguing. 

The flotation is better than I expected, the fit is good, but tight in the arms, so if that isn't your thing, look elsewhere. Had a good crash this weekend and the protection was good. It is pretty light when it gets wet. Just another option to look into. 

• Baller

From personal experience using Stokes Evo, Radar Drifter and Syndicate Rebel vests in size XL.

Best floatation  Syndicate, second is Radar and worst is Stokes.

• Baller_
On 3/13/2024 at 12:46 PM, epnault said:

Hey guys.  I want to get a second Stokes vest.  Any idea if there are any discounted ways to purchase them in our industry?

Your best bet is not asking that way, supporting the small people in the industry or those people tend to disappear.

• Like 4

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾