ZeroOff Settings Questions + Speed Issue @ 34Mph

SHungerford

• Baller

A couple of ZO questions and a random glitch yesterday. New ZO system installed in the boat this season running Rev.R.

- Q: In the Skier Profile screen, what is the "RopeSW Timeout" setting for?

- Q: We mapped our local course going in each direction and saved them as Course #1 going East and Course #2 going west. Is that normal, or should it only be mapped in ZO once.

- Glitch: Yesterday going through the course from East to West the boat set @ 34mph the boat went into the boat gates hotter than normal, settled to 34 at the entry gates and then as it progressed through the course the speed dropped to mid to low 33 mph. But then travelling the course from West to East was holding @ 34mph. After our set we deleted both saved courses (each direction) and re-mapped, today the ZO seemed to be holding at a steady 34 mph travelling in both directions down the course. Has anyone ever encounter an issue like this before?

Thx, Sean

• Baller

Delete both mapped courses.  Go into map screen and map again. Hit the button when the puck is even with the entrance gate.  Proceed down the course.  When you get close to the exit gate it will start to beep with increasing frequency.  When puck is even with the exit gate press the button again. Done!

• Like 1

• Baller

Having the same course mapped twice can cause the type of issue you've described unless you disable the feature where Zero Off tries to automatically select the course. 

I'm assuming this is the single GPS puck Zero Off? If it happens to be the older dual GPS puck then there could be other issues. 

• Baller

Thanks @Horton @LeonL and @jpwhit, I went in deleted the 2nd mapped course at lunch today, but haven't had a chance to try it again.

When I re-did the mappings last night I hit the "select" button as the pylon went through the gates, I'll delete the other mapping and re-map and time it for the puck through the gate.

I have a single puck ZO system.

• Baller

Fairly certain in the manual, selecting the entrance gates is when the puck passes through the gate or the right hand gate. Unless that has changed to the pylon. I mean, you could do it whatever method you wanted though.

Also, you used the words "hotter then normal". Yes having it mapped both directions freaks it out but "what is normal?".

On a single puck behind a malibu or mastercraft, the boat will probably be doing +0.5 mph, 34.7 or so through the gates.

on a single puck behind a Nautique, the boat, while pulling a 180lb skier and above, will probably be doing 0.7 mph, up to 34.9 or so through the gates,

The boat has to be going faster then 34.2 or the RPM ramp up from zero to 1 ball would be brutally unsustainable for the skier. 

(all bets are off when you are not pulling a skier as you'll get 16.05's and 16.92's sometimes. The system is designed to have a skier.)

Edited by scoke
  • Like 1
  • DIslike 1