In Search of 2015 Mastercraft Prostar Seats

Nicole

Hey all,

I am looking for bow seats and the removable rear seats for my 2015 Mastercraft Prostar 197. The boat was previously used for tournaments so the seats weren't necessary, but we are using it as a family ski boat now. The color we are looking for is Rayo Platium Grey. We contacted Mastercraft and they don't make these seats anymore so we can't order them. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

• Baller

That's going to be a tall order. Mastercraft won't sell new parts like that to a boat that is older than 5 years. Since the rear seats were current through 2019, last spring I found one dealer that said they could probably order for them, but for your 2015 the stitching might not match and expect a 6+ month lead time. 

Your only option for bow seats is a wrecked boat or custom fab, I think 2016 they started building all boats with bow seats as it was such a task to add after the fact. 

• Baller

Aren't the MC rearseat quite simple ?  Does a good upholstery shop could fabricate something close ?

Can someone post pix of rear seats of the Prostar?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

It will be extremely hard to find rear seats I think. I’ve only seen 1 set of rear seats for sale since 2014. I think you’d be better off making the 2021 and newer seats work. They are cheaper than the 2014-2020 seats with the aluminum frame. Mounting is different, but I think it’s better. The seats may be a bit smaller, as the cup holders take up some room now in the new boat. Not a big deal, just more room for the walk through. 

Edited by rq0013

• Baller

I passed on buying a used prostar for the same reason. So I went new in 2017. Then you could buy the seats but the cost was so high.  It made more sense  to buy a new 2017 than a used 2015 and order the seats. Good luck finding some. At this point I wouldn’t even worry about the color. Just get them if you find and re upholster. 

• Baller

@Nicole and group

The seats for the 14-20 are not a simple design and have billet machined frames.  Not easily reproduced by a 3rd party.

I haven't examined them closely but new 21 and up seats look to be "frameless" and just sit on the floor.  Might want to look at them and then have a vinyl shop match your interior.