Back Issues

JBB

• Baller

I have been plagued of late with some of the most enjoyable back pain, specifically my left SI joint.  I only have a limited time to ski each season, so I have to ski when I can.  Skiing doesn't bother my back, in fact it helps... getting up on the other had has been very painful.  To help mitigate the issue, I have resorted to getting up on two skis.

Is there any other recommendations as to how I can get around this issue?

• Baller

This might be the first time I've heard that skiing has helped somebody's back pain.  What is your secret.😅  I wish that was the case for me. 

Usually mid season my back issue start to flair up a little bit, but hopefully stays manageable through the rest of the season.  

Hopefully you'll get some good pointers to help with getting up and can keep at it!  Not too many things worse than being down with back issues...

• Baller

I am no expert but for me to avoid back pain while getting up with both feet in boots I have to let my knees compress tightly to my chest. If I try and push my feet and not compress I hurt. If I allow the compression to happen I get pulled up without back pain. That is the only thing that has reliably worked for me. For some reason it when I say go my brain says fight the boat but if I just relax and compress I'm much better off. Something to consider.

• Like 3

• Baller

Piriformis is the biggest contributer to back pain, if it is not a skeletal problem, piriformis stretches generally help a lot, there are several variations to, help hit the spot and to help find the one you can achieve, depending on your mobility.

Can,t believe the pain you can get in your back from a stressed muscle deep in your buttock.