For Sale: Bell Acqua Lake 1

Horton

• Administrators

New Project (3).png

For 45 years, Sacramento’s premier waterskiing facility!
Designed by and for expert skiers, the lake offers nearly perfect conditions for all types of skiers from beginners to world-class pros. Currently the site is home to the Bell Acqua Waterski Club, Bell Acqua Waterski School, and the training site of the UC Davis Ski Team. 

Business Opportunities
•    Solid membership base for many years
•    Waterski school annual positive growth
•    Thriving UC Davis Ski Team
•    Pro and Local Ski Tournaments
•    Endless opportunity for new buyer

Property Highlights and Amenities
•    Coded Security Gate
•    Record capability slalom and jump course
•    Ramp for long distance jumping
•    Fully Roofed 60’x90’ Boat Dock
•    Studio Cabin lakeside retreat (rental)

For a complete list of amenities, visit our web page here!
https://bellacqualake.com/for-sale/

bell acqua_Aerial with Lines CUsq 600px.jpg

More info here Bell Acqua Lake For Sale Final 071323.pdf

• Administrators

it's really hard to peg the value and I don't have 3.2 million but I don't think it's a ridiculous number. We live in a world where 50k for a dock is not shocking. In a California city a million house is not necessarily very big or plush. I'm curious what the real estate is worth alone.

• Administrators

@RAWSki no I do not think so. Lake 2 is a home owners lake & Lake 3 has a single owner. There is no public access or real estate options on 2 or 3

• Like 1

• Baller

@RAWSki lake 1could be a great opportunity for the right person. You can run a school sell lots off and you have an airport right next door. I see lakes 2 and 3 just add value to the property. In the past lakes 1 and 2 have always cooperated and run multiple rds 2 day tournaments with great conditions and results.   

• Like 2

• Baller

Beautiful.  Not sure what to do with that tho--need to pop some revenue.  Not much land around it to make to develop homes.  There are private airport residential communities and in my experience lots of slalom skiers are pilots.  Niche but could try to do a few nice homes and sell to pilot/skiers.  

I'm a pilot and a skier--wow ski all you want, pull the plane from the garage and take off to anywhere.  That would be livin' the life.  

• Baller

BELL ACQUA LAKE ONE is a rare opportunity to own an already established Water Ski Lake in the heart of an active neighborhood of skiers and families.  The bulk of the value is in the residential zoned RD4, land ripe for development in a market hungry for a unique recreational community. Previously approved by Sacramento County for development of 33 building lots averaging 6500 square feet.  A project with similar or lower density could be proposed on the RD4 Parcel.  A new village will add to the already existing community of water skiers.

Build out your own private estate or invite your friends to join together. 

Continue living the dream.

• Baller

The bulk of the value is in the lots, zoned and approved for homesites. Virtually impossible in Sacramento County, a process that takes years. (4 years in our case to get ONE homesite on lake 3) Good project for an investor/builder that is into watersports. (With deep pockets to bring in utilities) Lots of potential for the right person or group of skiers. 

• Baller
On 8/2/2023 at 2:30 PM, NikolG said:
On 8/2/2023 at 2:30 PM, NikolG said:

The bulk of the value is in the lots, zoned and approved for homesites. Virtually impossible in Sacramento County, a process that takes years. (4 years in our case to get ONE homesite on lake 3) Good project for an investor/builder that is into watersports. (With deep pockets to bring in utilities) Lots of potential for the right person or group of skiers. 

Great comment Nikol. 

You understand project planning well after going through the process with the County to build one home. Residential development on Bell Acqua Lake One can be in the form of 1 home up to 33 homes, and anywhere in between.   A four way split is a simple solution that reduces the county road and utility improvement requirements and costs, thereby making residential development much more affordable.  A lovely lifestyle for four families with an airport nearby.

• Baller
On 7/16/2023 at 1:35 PM, wski1831 said:

I believe currently there is a tentative map for 35 homes but about to expire. There’s definitely potential. 

Bell Acqua Lake One has a lot of potential for numerous uses that haven't yet been considered.  Bring your ideas and build a complex for your family and friends.

• Baller
On 7/15/2023 at 12:53 PM, disland said:

Your going to have to pull a lot of ski school to cover a $3.2M loan

This is not a sale of a ski school, however it is a great opportunity for a new residential neighborhood, potential RV campsite for skiers and families

• Baller
On 7/15/2023 at 1:03 PM, Horton said:

it's really hard to peg the value and I don't have 3.2 million but I don't think it's a ridiculous number. We live in a world where 50k for a dock is not shocking. In a California city a million house is not necessarily very big or plush. I'm curious what the real estate is worth alone.

Great comment John

Lakefront properties with building lots 6,000 to 10,000 square feet sell for $1.2Mil to $1.6Mil in the Northwest Sacramento region.  Last August a large builder presented an offer to buy the residential portion of the property, excluding the lake at close to this asking price.  Once the market interest rates changed, that Buyer stepped back because they had too many properties in the development pipeline at the time.

This may be an opportunity for skiing families that want to live on a lake and enjoy the ease of a ski ride knowing a club boat and their ski is on site just steps away from their home.  For those families that would like this lifestyle, please stay in touch.  Opportunities may open up for homebuyers to buy a home at Bell Acqua Lake One and become a part of the new neighborhood village which could be built at Bell Acqua Lake One.

For those of you that are interested in participating in a development project or the purchase of a building lot or home once roads and utilities are completed, please reach out and register your interest.  You may leave your email address or phone number at phil@philt.group or 916 215-3127.

We would enjoy participating in a new community of water skiers to add to the Bell Acqua Legacy.  Life at Bell Acqua Lake has always been an incredible water skiing mecca and  family experience in Northern California.

• Baller
On 7/15/2023 at 7:27 PM, RAWSki said:

The problem appears that there are 2 lakes right next door seems to de-value it.  IF it was the 1 and only lake.....

The two lakes next door add incredible value due to the fact that they create a balanced waterski neighborhood of like minded people and support for tournaments, drivers, judges and a pool of support for the community.

Come join us one day, the ski ride is on me.  I believe you will find the beauty of this neighborhood lifestyle.

• Baller
On 7/16/2023 at 5:19 AM, 6balls said:

Beautiful.  Not sure what to do with that tho--need to pop some revenue.  Not much land around it to make to develop homes.  There are private airport residential communities and in my experience lots of slalom skiers are pilots.  Niche but could try to do a few nice homes and sell to pilot/skiers.  

I'm a pilot and a skier--wow ski all you want, pull the plane from the garage and take off to anywhere.  That would be livin' the life.  

I like your positive attitude.  Come join us and live the life, fly up one day and bring your ski along, the ride is on me.  You have the right idea, bring your flying & skiing friends and create a new neighborhood. Look forward to hearing from you.                                                       Phil