Protect ski and/or handle

OldboyII

• Baller

Hello everyone. My new CC Goode ski is hurt by handle from the day one and opposite - ski hurts handle triangle by really cutting filaments. Since I have couple of new handles I'd like to investigate if there is a way to modify conventional handle to protected one?

Or if there is no way to do such modification could you please advise options of handles for such situation?

Thanks!

• Baller

I apply shrink wrap to my handles to protect ski and rope.  Harbor Freight - $4.99 gets you 5 different sizes at 3-4 ft each. The 1" goes over the end and then shrinks well on the line. Ski shouldn't be in contact with the line in the triangle    

Handle.jpg

Edited by MDB1056
  • Like 1

• Baller_

DIY shrink wrap addition to my handles, if you can't get the shrink wrap simply tie wrap some rubber tubing in the V area.  Also a Goode user and the top edge can / does act as a little saw on the rope.  If you start (get up) offset to the side of your forward foot (port side if LFF) the ski tends to run parallel to the boat and not instantly saw on the rope, at least it works for me. 

• Like 2

• Baller

Thanks to everyone who replied. Will order both protected handle and shrink wrap for experiments ))

Question: HO handle is looking less bulky vs ML, is this correct or just photo effect?

Edited by OldboyII

• Baller
3 hours ago, OldboyII said:

Thanks to everyone who replied. Will order both protected handle and shrink wrap for experiments ))

Question: HO handle is looking less bulky vs ML, is this correct or just photo effect?

It’s just photo angles or something. I believe they use the same stuff. InTow is less bulky, that’s what I have currently.