What does the asymmetrical feature of the Denali fin do ?

swbca

• Baller_

Two of the large holes through my Denali C85 are machined angled back at about 45 degrees through the thickness of the fin.  The holes in left foot forward fin and right foot forward fin are angled back in opposite directions. 

In "Fin Whispering" terms these angle holes could could possibly have the affect of asymmetrical Fin Area, DFT or maybe even Depth when the ski is rolled to extremes.

What do these angles do to offset the asymmetric of in your body structure with your feet front and back on the ski ?

Edited by swbca

• Baller

Video they had on the Denali website explains it so give it a watch. But in a nutshell it allows you to stay in the same body position for both turns and makes the turns even.  I find there is little difference between my on/off side turns using the CG fin. I use it on my D3R2 and HO Omega.

• Administrators

In simple terms.

The crosscut holes give the effect of slightly more fin on one side and less on the other. At shortline most skiers would take .005 to .010 more for off side turns than they would want for on side turns. The CG fin solves that.

I would not think about this from a body position perspective.

• Like 1