My trick point tool

Horton

• Administrators

Not sure if I shared this before. Feel free to make your own copy. 

Instructions - enter the trick code - do not edit the points column - the rest is automatic - it is a simple Google sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EP-GYME3CN4qYZ1qqFtPPb1sqyHVqqw0xPyc5IxAGfg/edit?usp=sharing.  

• Baller

@Sethro I haven’t used either the app or the spreadsheet - but WBB requires that you be in a back to start the trick, so maybe the trick you entered before did not leave you in a back and the app wouldn’t allow WBB.

• Baller

Trick Tracker

I meant to reply to this ages ago and keep forgetting.  The above is my take on Horton's spreadsheet.  It was created a little over a year ago....my son competes in three event and I need to begin judging so I had to learn about trick skiing in more detail - that was the main motivation for creating this.  Since then, it's turned into a useful tool for me when I need to check how much a trick is worth, or what a trick code is for whatever new thing my son is learning - it's faster than finding the rulebook and looking that stuff up, especially when I'm on my phone.

I like the feature of the iOS app noted above where you can't enter a trick unless the previous trick listed allows it (ie. you can't enter a 5F from the F position) - that sounds useful.  I also like the predictive model feature present in the EyeTrick app whereby the next logical trick(s) is/are shown based on statistical analysis of prior runs while taking into consideration the level of the trick skier.

Anyway I hope some find it useful.