Ski Recommendation

Brownie_09

• Baller

Hi everyone, 

I am new to the group so a little unsure where to post this but hoping that I can get some good advice for my question.

I grew up skiing on my dads 2010 syndicate S1 from about age 12 to 16. I loved the way the S1 felt effortless to turn, I felt confident getting weight on the front foot and I could predict the skis turn. However, I now ride a 2019 Vapor Probuild and don't get me wrong, I love the acceleration of the ski but I find it very hard to get it to turn like I could with the S1. I'd say I ski at about 32-34mph on open water. Both skis are 67s. I am about 6 2 tall. 

Now to the question: I was just wondering what current 2023/24 HO Syndicates would perform similar to the S1. I have skied a Syndicate Omega Max and it felt similar but also what are the WORKS 01/02 skis like? And the Syndicate PRO?

I don't think I will buy a new ski but like to know peoples opinions. Do you think I should experiment with moving bindings forwards/backwards? 

Thank you!

• Baller

@Brownie_09 Welcome to the forum! There were some recent threads specifically about the HO Works skis that may give you some insight. Give those a read. Very positive comments. I rode an S2 for years, great ski, but now ride a Connelly DV8 which feels completely different as it rides very deep in the water vs the S2 which rode very high . Yes the S2 was easier to ski but the grip of the Connelly is amazing. I call it a water magnet. I remember distinctly feeling like it was more work to ski the GTR (original ski when I switched to Connelly in 2019) but the performance of the ski was better. Took a while to get used to it but now no there’s going back. I’m s huge fan of deeper riding skis for overall performance, especially as the line gets shorter. Im sure folks here that are HO riders can comment on Works and Pro. Keep watch on Ski-it-Again for great deals on used skis to save a bundle. Makes it less painful to try a few. To your other question yes you should always make sure any ski is set up properly for you. Start at stock. Make SMALL changes . Lots of advice on setting up here also if you ask. Trying different skis and settings is half the fun . If you have access to a course, that’s the best place to try things in a consistent environment. Let us know where you land