USA Waterski - some website sections down

JayShower

• Administrators

I exchanged messages with headquarters this morning. they are optimistic that the site will be back up by the end of the week. there is no question that they are doing everything they can. it is a hot mess.

• Baller

A local club in our area created a Google form for "online" registrations, link to paypal for fees, and link to the official release form PDF.   Sort of like old school registration, but hey, it will get it done.

• Baller

We had a Class C tournament yesterday went old school with hand scoring. It went well.

This weekends Class L. Not sure how we are going to get Surepath, Water Ski Connect and WSTIMs to work.

We may be back to end course video.

• Baller_

@MarkTimm, you should be able to create the tournament manually in WSTIMS and add skiers manually.  In fact, if you are using the same computer that scored previous tournaments and haven't deleted the old scoring data, skiers that attended your previous tournaments will be contained in a local database on the computer.  You'll be able to search to add those directly, though you will want to verify/update their age to get the correct division to select when registering them in your tournament.

I would bet SurePath will work.  The one issue may be doing Official Assignments, including drivers.  But, I think you can get around that by having the drivers input their name into the rover.  The SurePath servers are supposed to be separate from USA Water Ski computers.  @Jtim3032 should be able to answer this question.

Create a test tournament in WSTIMS manually, add some skiers, and try to score a round.  You can probably test the SurePath, too, and verify it will connect.  I created a test tournament this morning and had errors accessing the Official Work Assignments feature.  That feature is how you add drivers to groups so their name appears in the dropdown when scoring.  That is why the drivers would need to input their name on the rover.  I could access the Official Work Record feature to record credits, though.

Edited by MISkier

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

o add
• • • • • •
To Add a Tournament into WSTIMS without accessing the Server
a tournament without it trying to access the server do the following.
Click the Add icon
When the add dialog opens simply click cancel
This will go back to the tournament setup window with all the fields blank Fill in all the fields except leave the edit code field empty
Save
Double click the new tournament in the list to make it active

• Baller
On 8/18/2023 at 2:19 AM, MISkier said:

I would bet SurePath will work.  The one issue may be doing Official Assignments, including drivers.  But, I think you can get around that by having the drivers input their name into the rover.  The SurePath servers are supposed to be separate from USA Water Ski computers.  @Jtim3032 should be able to answer this question.

Create a test tournament in WSTIMS manually, add some skiers, and try to score a round.  You can probably test the SurePath, too, and verify it will connect.  I created a test tournament this morning and had errors accessing the Official Work Assignments feature.  That feature is how you add drivers to groups so their name appears in the dropdown when scoring.  That is why the drivers would need to input their name on the rover.  I could access the Official Work Record feature to record credits, though.

@MISkier sorry for late reply...

Yes, Sure-Path will work as an island since in its base form it only relies on the Sure-Path server to receive correction data from a Sure-Path base (or a CORS server if getting corrections from a CORS network such as in Florida). However, the link between Sure-Path and any Scoring software (and the Sure-Path Judging application) goes via another server (WaterskiConnect). So I believe once WSTIMS (or the Lion Scoring program) have set up a tournament and added athletes etc, whether via the USAWS server, EMS server or manually, then all should be fine so long as WaterskiConnect and Sure-Path servers are online.

• Thanks 1