Radar ski selection

Waternut

• Baller

It's been quite a while since I've been involved with the waterski community but trying to get back into the swing of things. For years, I was buying a 1 year old high end ski and then selling my 2 year old ski. Then I got the 2014 Vapor and just stuck with it for several years because it just worked for me. Eventually, I bought a brand new 2017 vapor although it was for the 2019 season. Unfortunately, the 2020 and 2021 seasons, I was recovering from ACL surgery so the ski barely got used. So I have a 2017 ski but it's really only had about 2.5 seasons of use but I think it may be time for an upgrade. I generally start at 32mph 28off and can usually get to 32 off at 34mph but it's been quite a while since I've touched 35 or 38off. I actually tried to step down to 22off to get more passes but the wake bump is horrendous behind our boat and it seemed to hurt more than helped. 

With all of that out of the way, I'm kind of curious if the Vapors are still the way to go at 28 and 32 off and 34mph or if the new Senates might help me smooth out my skiing and help me with consistency. Also, is the pro build worth it at this level or are the Lithium's good enough?

• Baller

@Waternut there really isn’t a wrong answer, just depends on your budget/route you want to go. Vapor is definitely still a great choice. Up until 2017 the lithium basically was our high end ski until we came out with the pro build, so it is extremely capable. 

The senate would be awesome too. Having the extra width would make it feel more stable if that’s what you’re craving. It’s a toned down version compared to what you’re used to but still a very capable ski. Might be worth trying to see if you can demo one to see if you want to go that route. Hope this helps. 

Edited by ColeGiacopuzzi
  • Thanks 1

• Baller

One of my ski buddies gets pretty deep into -35/34mph on a Senate Probuild and loves the ski.  My boy starts at -28/28 mph on a new Vapor and is working into -28/36 mph right now.  The vapor works fine at slower speeds if it's sized right and you stay balanced on top of it.  So either ski could work for you.   Its preference.