2017 Nautique 200 info please

Stevie Boy

• Baller

Hi Ballers
Just picked up  2017 Nautique closed bow, would anybody be able to tell me what size gland is required , the one supplied to me continues to leak, think they come as 3/16 or 1/4 in size, any help would be appreciated, I  was supplied with 3/16, can't get it to seal.

Thankyou

• Baller

Gland nut packing seal is gonna be 1/4" on Nauti's after 2002 according to Nautique Parts. You can order new ones at Nautiqueparts.com I'm surprised a 2017 doesn't have a dripless system installed as OEM but maybe that was only an option?

• Baller

@Stevie Boy I don't think you understand: there isn't a traditional packing gland seal in this year of boat. It's a dripless seal (a graphite lip seal rides on the prop shaft and is cooled with engine water) that needs to either be totally replaced, or the seal portion replaced, as Jody Seal included the part numbers for. This is a fairly major repair for most people.

• Baller
1 hour ago, Stevie Boy said:

@jhughes OK will have to revisit as we tried to replace the gland with. 3/16 that was supplied, no water cooling and looks like normal gland type arrangement.

Post a pix...

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

You could also consider converting it back to a dripless.  It is not that difficult. and you no longer have a constant drip of water coming in.  

With 975 hours on my Bu, the Glide dripless seal started leaking.  Only 35 bucks for a new seal, and about an hour of not very difficult work. Did not need to pull the shaft, just slide it back enough the take the coupling half off, slide old seal off, clean things up a but, slide new seal ring on.  Bolt everything back up.