MasterCraft Pro Webcast - September 8th & 9th

Horton

• Baller_

Thanks @Horton for posting the schedule, reminded me to watch round 1 as the weather in Michigan is less than optimum today.

And RJ is a full line length ahead at this point.  I wondered that @Shell myself, it also has no model description.  She did ski similar blue one at the last tourney based on the podium pic.

Interesting comments from a couple of the skiers on boat pull, 'linear & lack of swing'.

• Administrators

@LeonL

Asher skis with JT a lot so Nautique. 

(I am done complaining about the Nautique. Now I just gripe about how different the boats are.)

• Baller
45 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

What octane are they running? 🤪

This boat is a 6.0L per the twbc graphic. Is that accurate? 

Winter has a 6.2 Prostar this year at TBD so if that is a 6.0, yeah I’d suspect it would be different. 

Im always surprised hearing pro skiers complaining or commenting about the boats, especially at the Malibu Open last year. Do they not take the time and effort to go get sets behind boats besides their normal tug? 

• Like 1

• Baller_

In a sport where moving a fin .005" of an inch is said to have an impact, I have to think that running over clumps of seaweed at least once a pass would be problematic for the skier. Could that help explain why a number of these elite skiers had unexpected bobbles/issues?

Just about every pass, on at least one of the turns, you can see  seaweed fly up out of the water, and sometimes during the cut or pre-turn as well. Just one example that I happened to catch and remember: Paige Rini from Round 1, 38', a pass she is usually good for, right before she has a bad turn at 3 ball, throws up 2 different sprays of seaweed:

image.png.a7b0ce63af98e9dafc7f52ea76128c

Here's the timestamp for the video: https://www.youtube.com/live/M6BHC4d3Kt4?si=7YDr3xzqe8g4iYdS&t=12778