Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Advice On Ski Boat Purchase

itsallyellow

• Baller

Hi all,

I started running the course this year and have the bug.....

We currently ski behind an 80's Stars and Stripes, I never expected to get into the sport as much as we have and now want to get a more modern boat. We have skied behind a few Ski Nautique 200's a 2013 and a 2012. I think that may be the way we go. However they have always had a closed bow, over here in the UK all the 200's for sale seem to have an open bow? Is there any difference in the performance of the wake between the two?

Should i be looking at anything else? This boat will only ever be used for running up and down the course, we have other boats for other things. My girlfriend is skiing at 28mph and im at 30mph but were both looking to improve dramatically. It must have zero off and budget upto 70K ish. Something easy to drive in the course would be nice although she has become used to the stars and stripes so i guess anything modern will be better.

I wouldn't be against a pro star either but there's not many of them over here? A few pre 2014 ones but from what ive heard the nautique is better at that age?

Sorry for a what boat post! Any help appreciated.

• Baller

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Liquid Leisure are selling their boats at what look to be good prices, Oxford have their fairly new 200 up as their new one is probably coming soon.

Talk to Simon at wake and ski boats about a prostar (much better IMHO 😉 ) you're right, there are not many about. Chris at longside would probably trade his 200 to get a new one given the chance

• Baller
7 hours ago, lpskier said:

The two best days in a man’s life. The day he buys a boat and the day his divorce is finalized. 

@lpskier You must be extremely confident that your lovely wife doesn’t read these forums. Otherwise, you’ll need to find a good lawyer…and good luck with that! 😉

Edited by kc
  • Like 1