Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

First post. Hello all. I'm thinking of putting EFI on old Comp boat

Scott Russell

• Baller

@Jody_Seal what I'm hearing you say is that the boat community is prime to adopt the hotrod community for aftermarket options.  Perfect pass essentially has provided the ability for anybody to add speed control to any engine.  Having skied several DBW PP equipped boats, i think they offer a very good pull.   The problem I see is being married to zero off as being the only option.  Which limits the re power options.  Zero off only in a tournament environment does create continuity but it also creates a monopoly and creates a non competitive environment for engine suppliers.  Who currently can do and charge as they please.  

I don't honestly think the tournament community would be open to this.  Knowing your boat will have ZO at every tournament is obviously good for competitors.  I do think ZO only is bad for the industry, limits new tech from entering the space, and drives up costs.

What if speed control requirements for tournaments listed specific performance requirements and any speed control meeting those requirements would be acceptable?  Suddenly you could have ZO, PP,  and perhaps some new tech coming to the market place.  I believe any boat meeting speed and time requirements can offer a pull competitive  to what zero off offers.   Maybe they will be a little different pull but so is zero off from Nautique, to MC, to Malibu.  If the market would accept this you could see a speed control that can be adapted to any re power option and be tuned to suit.  PP currently likely can/could fill this space, but I think there could be an option that is a more user tunable speed control similar to what  the hot rod community has for tuning EFI.  Plug it into your lap top and adjust.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images