Wiring diagram

H2OYA_PR

• Baller

Hi everyone! 
I am looking for the wiring diagram for my 2006 ProStar 197 with RTP-1 engine. I am in Puerto Rico so no dealer support down here. I am trying to get back to skiing after 10 years and everything is set for the comeback except the fact that the engine won’t start (it cranks but no spark). Unfortunately I can’t give more details bc I don’t know much about engines but my friend, who does know and is helping me, send me on this quest. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Baller

I am such a newbie I don’t even know how to reply to the replies individually. I will definitely check the lanyard and yes we can hear the fuel pump. It was last started about 10 years ago and working perfectly at the time. We already did a tune up and emptied the gas tank, etc. Thanks BraceMaker for the link which I already forward to my friend. Will update as soon as we get a chance to work on it again. Thanks!!

• Baller
1 hour ago, BraceMaker said:

Hearing the fuel pump should indicate the lanyard is working typically that's inline with the fuel system's relays so probably that's already eliminating one bit.

Lanyard cuts power to the ignition system, not the fuel pump. 

• Baller
1 hour ago, jpwhit said:

Lanyard cuts power to the ignition system, not the fuel pump. 

People say that but turn your key to on and listen.  Then pull your lanyard and repeat.  Report back.  

It cuts both on most of these boats since the 12V run wire goes through it to the engine.  So pull lanyard it will crank it won't have spark and it won't run the fuel pump.  If you hear fuel pump that circuit is OK but the spark is still dead then you need to go down another rabbit hole.

• Baller
7 hours ago, Drago said:

It's pretty easy to pull the safety switch out, or reach up to the back of the switch, and tie the two wires together .

yes but again if you hear the pump then pull the lanyard and dont hear the pump then replace the lanyard and again hear the pump which is a test that takes seconds then you can jump right past troubleshooting both the kill switch and ignition switch.