Hour Meter Reset?

OldGuysRule

• Baller

The hour meter on our 2009 Nautique 196 reached 999 this past week.  The hour meter is original and is a window on the larger tachometer.  Can this gauge be reset?  What are my other  options?  Have a separate hour meter unit installed on the motor?  Have a complete new gauge/tach installed?  The boat is a club boat with several drivers and users so it is important to keep track of the hours for oil changes and service intervals.

• Baller

That is a major flaw in the Faria gauges used in the Nautiques.  My 2004 meter stopped at 999 as well.  As replacement gauges are no longer available, I simply purchased an analogue hour meter (VDO type in older Nautiques) and wired it.  Pretty simple, but major flaw in the original design of the Faria gauges.

• Baller
10 hours ago, OldGuysRule said:

The hour meter on our 2009 Nautique 196 reached 999 this past week.  The hour meter is original and is a window on the larger tachometer.  Can this gauge be reset?  What are my other  options?  Have a separate hour meter unit installed on the motor?  Have a complete new gauge/tach installed?  The boat is a club boat with several drivers and users so it is important to keep track of the hours for oil changes and service intervals.

I have Faria gauges on my 2002 MB Sports and the LCD hour meter is also embedded in the tach.

Until it hit 1,000 hours, it only displayed three digits (999). I had the same question as you.

When it hit 1,000 hours, it displayed the fourth digit and and currently displays 1047. It should display the fourth digit once it rolls over.

• Baller

Does the boat have PerfectPass?  I would assume yes.  If so, you can use that to track the hours.  If that gauge is not aligned to what the boat hour meter says, write down ALL your background PP settings, factory reset your PP, and walk through the setup again.  It will ask you current engine hours as part of the setup workflow.  Then go punch in your background settings again.  You may need to remap the courses, but it's a good idea to remap those every couple months anyways.

To see hours on PP Stargazer 9+, press menu and up arrow together, go to System info, then Menu to hit page 2 of system info.  Hours should be there.