Reflex Direct Connect

Jaypro

• Baller

I'm hoping I can get some help setting up my Direct Connect.  I watched Neilly Ross's video and it seems pretty straightforward.  What I have found is that if I put the boot flush against the heel cup, I can't engage the release mechanism.  To engage the release, I must move the toe cup forward so there is an 1/8" of room between the heel cup and the back of the boot.  Any suggestions?

• Administrators

@Jaypro

the distance between the toe cup and the release mechanism needs to be such that you are compressing the boot front to back.

basically you set everything down so it fits together and then you bring the toe cup back towards the heel at least one set of holes.

• Baller

@Horton I have included a picture to better describe my question.  Without the release mechanism engaged, I can place the heel of the boot flush against the heel cup, but then the release mechanism doesn't look fully engaged. There is a gap, almost a 1/4", is this typical for a reflex system?  This is my first reflex binding.  Coming from an alpine skiing background, this doesn't look right.  @ColeGiacopuzzi this is what I was trying to describe.  I am in the furthest hole backward on my Senate so I cannot try moving my boot backwards.  If the boot was flush with the heel cup I could try the boot placement you had suggested.

boot1.jpg

• Administrators

are you talking about the back of the plate? That's not a heel cup. The boot does not contact the aluminum at the very back of the plate. I 100% see what your confused about. Does his answer your question or are you asking something else?

boot1.jpg.8c78aa5d8f4896d64b02af793941bf6c~2.jpg