I need a binding like this one for my wife's trick ski.....

RT1

• Baller

Does anyone have a Connelly Contour binding like this one laying around that you would sell?  My wife has used this one for a long time and the rear heal rubber tore.  I've super glued it and Frankenstein fixed it to work temporarily, however, it's not going to last.   Thank you.

Connelly 3.jpg

Connelly 1.jpg

Connelly 2.jpg

Connelly 4.jpg

• Baller

Well, I'm back and still looking for a binding for my wife's trick ski as shown above.  Some guy on here has one and said he would sell it to me, but after a few emails back and forth, he decided to keep it for sentimental reasons.  I'd really like to find her another Connelly Contour like the one she has been using for years.  I've looked on Ski-it-Again and a while back I did check with Wiley's and they could not rebuild this old Connelly binding.  

• Baller

Just found this one on EBAY. For about $130 it sounds priceless if your wife will ski. The boots on this one say Medium. What size does she need? I don't mind stalking a little bit (it's far healthier to spend other peoples money)

Screenshot 2024-03-21 213555.png

• Baller

Forget all this nonsense. Get her a modern ski (D3 Custom X, Quantum, new Radar or KD) with a hardshell. These skis are available used or on sale (do be careful, the early Radars catch edges so don’t cheap out too much). 

Old rubber boots have some dangerous properties for tricking. Her health is more important than saving a couple bucks (and cheaper in the long run). Tricking is fun - if you aren’t taking painful falls. The modern equipment really is better. And a better deal. 

Eric

• Baller

Those bindings generally  cracked in two right above the horseshoe, so I can't image there are many out there. They also have superior heel lockdown because of the extra L-shaped material inside surrounding the ankle (Not a good thing)
A simple rubber wrap like a Connelly Stoker or Comp would be a good replacement. Or what @eleeski says⬆️

• Baller

First of all, thanks to all who responded.  I should have mentioned that she needs a small size binding, so the ebay ski bindings won't work, but thanks Patrick for the idea.   I have quite a few bindings of my own that we have tried but all of them are too large and even though they are too big for her, she says that when she goes to slip her foot into the bindings, it hurts her ankle.  It doesn't hurt once she gets her foot in the binding or removing from the binding, it's just the position of her ankle going in that hurts.  The Connelly Stoker/Comp may be a good option to look into..  She does not want a new ski or the idea of hardshells.  I tried hardshells years ago and hated them.  I found this on Ski-it-Again and messaged the person selling it, no response yet.  I think they are asking too much for it, but the "easy entry" part of their description is a plus and it's a size small.  Anyone use one of these on a trick ski?  https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&postid=60833

• Baller

Here are the technical reasons for new equipment:

Ski dimension rules changed from prehistoric times. Modern skis can be wider. So they have less drag and catch edges less. They are also more stable. Lots of positives for modern equipment. 

Wider skis might be harder to edge to attack the wake. Edging can be engineered into the ski but that kind of defeats the advantage of the width - it’s a balance of characteristics (which is why I don’t like the first Radars - they edged wonderfully for the experts but were too catchy for developing skiers. They changed the design to a more beginner friendly feel and now get my enthusiastic recommendation.).

Instead of messing with the ski design, hardshell bindings allow a skier to edge much more effectively. Hardshells on a trick ski are totally different from a slalom setup - so don’t let your slalom experience prejudice a trick choice. Wiley bindings might support and edge as well and be more durable and cheaper but they are heavier, harder to release and way less comfortable than hardshells. There’s a reason almost all the skiers at Nationals are using hardshells. 

The bindings @RT1 referenced are reasonable beginner bindings. SDSU and UCLA use them for the team trick skis and develop lots of quality skiers. With proper bungee tension they are fairly safe, comfortable and fit well. Eventually you’ll need a hardshell but this is a decent slalom binding as well. 

Tricking is a lot more fun with good equipment - and safer. 

Eric