Aluminium ski boat

03RLXi

• Administrators

Looks like they stole the saddle bag gunnel storage from a 200.

I did a Google search and found nothing for an aluminum boat called the Isolation from New Zealand.

• Baller

There's a place locally that manufacturers aluminum parts for a welding shop.  They make a stamping that's many parts together on a sheet and then its waterjet into individual components that are welded into assemblies.  Because of the waterjet's accuracy some of the issues with the parts maybe having slight deformation is zero'd out because the weld margins are so accurately cut. 

• Administrators

I've spoken to somebody who works in this space. An aluminum boat could be as precise as a fiberglass boat. There is also real advantages to the fact that an aluminum boat has a CAD file but no mold. So you could tweak the shape after each boat with no additional cost.

The real question is if there's room in the US market for another brand and does somebody else want to face the uphill battle of being different. Remember carbon pro

• Like 1

• Baller

Have to agree with @Horton. The comp boat market is a mature and already saturated market that as noted has seen other players leave over time. The sport itself is also very small. It would be foolish for a new brand to attempt to break in, and I can't imagine any organization capitalizing such a venture. The numbers simply are not there to support it.   

• Like 2

• Baller

Different to be sure, yet an example of successful entries into two established boat markets: Pavati splashed onto the aluminum drift boat scene with the first drifter ever to include doors; and pivoted in 2007 to add Uber-high end custom surf barges…their first tank for 2024 lists at….(drum roll, and smelling salts ready)

$505,550

• Baller

It's selling waaaayyy too cheap for the money that have gone into it. NZ$27500 is approx US$16500.  Got to something odd with the way it performs. My guess is engine was installed and unfinished water test reveled a major flaw. Was on sold and now that owner is moving it on again.

3EC8EAC0-3181-49E8-911C-EEEC049FC291.jpeg