Mint Condition 1999 Ski Nautique Value?

BL_Skier

• Baller

I’m not a Nautique guy but you know the core sources to review for comps . Might be able to get Larry from SIA to pull all the 98-99’s that were listed for past year or so. No idea if he could/would but that would be your best source of course for serious skier listings . You could always make a SIA donation . I watch SIA daily for things and do watch boats but just for fun as not in the market to replace. From what I’ve seen I’d estimate low 20’s high side if pristine and those hours , but others here are much more wired to that vintage market. I ski a 99 regularly but not mine. Good luck with the sale. Will make someone very happy! 

• Baller
2 hours ago, BL_Skier said:

Hi guys! In your opinion what is a 1999 ski nautique worth today? The boat is in mint condition. Just under 180 original hours (total). Has the 502 Python engine and perfect pass. Black, grey, and white color scheme. 

• Baller

The Python boats are super rare. They actually have factory dual exhaust and a bigger dog house to fit the engine. Very cool boat. At the same time not necessarily a  "feature" depending on the use of the boat and thus doesn't add a ton to the value IMO all this time later.  The more common GT40 EFI is the motor to have in that boat.

• Thanks 1

• Baller

$20K tops.  I sold a near mint 2002 GT40 and PP for $21K at the peak of inflation in the used boat market.

Great boat--only 180 hours that's like 2 seasons for me on a boat--basically new.  You can't go wrong there I would buy that thing.  

• Baller
2 hours ago, 6balls said:

$20K tops.  I sold a near mint 2002 GT40 and PP for $21K at the peak of inflation in the used boat market.

Great boat--only 180 hours that's like 2 seasons for me on a boat--basically new.  You can't go wrong there I would buy that thing.  

180 hours over the course of 24 years can be concerning, unfortunately. That's a lot of sitting around for any engine. Personally, I'd prefer a healthier usage history, but it does all depend on how seals and such were maintained.

• Like 3

• Baller

i would say 16-18k - you will need to upgrade the PP to Stargazer which would require a new display - that is going to be close to $1000 and all that stuff that does with it is pretty useless.   Wake might be slightly impacted with heavier engine - pretty sure that would have been a engine a barefooter would want.     For reference a friend bought a 196 with 5.8 of same era for 10k a few years ago.     Pretty boat!

• Baller
20 hours ago, Drago said:

Never heard of that engine, but I don't think I've seen over $20k or under $15k

That's exceptional, I'd say that's worth over $20, but $28 might be a bit much(?)

There's always the "Do you need zero off?" question . Original perfect pass is great if you're not a tournament skier

• Like 1

• Baller_

about like having a heavy tournament load all the time. the deal was 500 ft pounds of torque and big pitch prop the boat was real solid to pull on. kinda like what we ski with today.

my son will tell you our 502 boat made him a better overall skier. the bubble butt ski Nautique was probably the most consistent across its build model cycle. there were no go into the mold and make "improvements"! probably the most wake friendly slalom boat ever. only complaints I ever heard were the deep shortline skiers commented that the 38  off 36 mph  said the drop off on the wake cross was a bit of a shock.

Edited by Jody_Seal
  • Like 1

• Baller

Get off your wallet!  That thing's perfect, with Barefootin accesories, and all the goodies, meet in the middle.  He obviously takes care of his stuff, and stores it well.  It exactly what you look for in used boats.   In 5 years, you won't care if you paid 3k more than a bargain price. 

• Like 1

• Baller

OK looked at the link.  Anyone that lays his stuff out like that is OCD so the perfect person to buy from--boat appears mint on a great trailer.  Make a reasonable offer with respect to asking price--great boat will last you a very long time and depreciate very little.  

• Like 1

• Baller

I originally thought way too high. I personally still think way too high. However, to the right buyer it’s probably worth it.  If it’s what a buyer is specifically looking for than it very well could be worth that. Lots and lots of extras there in the price as well. 

I tend to buy very nice, well kept, older items as I can’t justify new prices.  I have a 1999 GMC K2500 that I was offered 12.5K for. I’d love to jump on that as I only paid 13K for it 17 years ago, but I truly believe I can’t find a better truck out there (for my wants/needs) for that same money.  So no deal. 

I think I could find a better boat (for my wants/needs) for 28K, but that might not hold true for someone else. 

• Like 2

• Baller

I wonder what the story is here. That is a really complete set of 20 year old equipment - skis, boards, a boat... all from the early 2000's. It's like someone got that boat, got EVERYTHING you could do in 2003, and then just kept it. 

• Like 1