New downloads section

Horton

• Administrators

The forum software lets me create a downloads section of the website. At the moment I am just testing it. I have added the AWSA and IWWF rule books. I do not think I am going to let everyone add to the downloads.

Any ideas or thoughts? Anything you wish was always easier to find?

The link is on the top right on desktop and I will have to add it for mobile later 

• Like 1

• Administrators

@riplash I just uploaded it. It was here in the forum but understandably hard to find. 

Also the link for mobile is there in the "hamburger" menu Screenshot_20231220-141728.png

• Administrators

so you guys want me to convert the internet to PDF so you can download it and read it like a newspaper? 😂

I don't think some of you guys understand what I was trying to do here. The idea is -  what existing resources that are commonly needed? 

Obscure or rarely searched for data can be found wherever it lives now. Filling the download section with every odd piece of data completely defeats the purpose.

@aupatking suggestion of ski settings for all current skis is not a bad idea, but is that information hard to find at the individual ski companies websites? I'm pretty sure that if I go to Google and type in radar vapor fins settings in the page will come up and the top couple.

If you have some document that you really think should be made easier for everybody to find, let me know. 

• Administrators

I do not love the interface but it works. Currently, the AWSA & IWWF rulebooks, the trick points table, the Google Earth file, and the BallOfSpray rate sheet are in there.  

I also made it so any of you can upload files if you need to. Anything you upload is public and if it is not of value to the readership then it will be purged eventually.  It is there for you if you need to share big files among skiers for some reason.

• Like 2

• Baller
On 12/21/2023 at 9:00 AM, Horton said:

If you have some document that you really think should be made easier for everybody to find, let me know. 

I was really thinking of older skis. When I see the college ski teams, more specifically the unfunded clubs, I see old hand-me-down skis. Some ski companies like Radar and D3 are great about making available all fin settings for just about every model they’ve ever made, but some are not. It may be something that doesn’t necessarily need to exist, but just a thought I had. 

• Administrators

@aupatking

yeah I completely understand and that's a good idea. if somebody wants to compile a document, I would be happy to host it. 

again, I want to keep the documents section neat and clean with only content that is truly valuable. random tables and charts about the preferred oil for a 1963 Chris Craft do not qualify

• Administrators

I had to move the downloads section under the home menu if anyone noticed.  There is also a link to "Gallery" in the home menu. The Gallery is for images and photos. I have not tested and configured it yet. Feel free to play around in there but please understand I will likely delete everything in there a few times as I understand how it is going to work.