Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Polish makes us all look bad

• Baller

Definitely no excuses for me now apart from I am ancient but to think that this was done on a 5 year old $300 ski that he found lying on the dock and borrowed the rest of the equipment proves that we only set our own limits and that Joel is from another planet 

image.png 

• Baller

I would imagine he had to do some severe edge tuning to get that old ski working for his skiing style.

Wait... This not even 32MPH slalom video, it is 30MPH. So it just doesn't deliver a great example of good slalom skiing because of the slushy response from the ski.  Like racing on a road track with low tire pressure. Or not? I am confused now.

Sorry... I could not resist.

• Haha 3

• Baller

Thats nuts.  39 would have been incredible on that ski but 41 is insane.

It does make me think that maybe i should be learning the tougher passes at 32 mph or less and possibly on a larger ski.  May be worth some expermentation.  

• Baller
17 hours ago, Horton said:

@skihart

I think if we just accept that Joel is from another planet and leave it at that we'd all be better off

Oh i do accept that fact, no question but i still think that there's something to learn there from skiing at slower speeds for much harder passes.