Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Sixam 1.0

Hoity

Looking for the setup numbers please for the Sixam 1.0, ski measures just shy of 69”. Looking to put some new bindings on the old girl and see how she still goes. Appreciate any help.

would like std numbers for front boot, fin depth and foil degrees if possible. Thankyou

• Baller_
1 minute ago, Horton said:

I would love to find a fresh 67 Sixam 1.0. Is one of the all-time great skis.

I have a few lol, one is the limited blue and silver, still in plastic, but it will never get skied on, and then I have a non graphic one that was never skied, however I am not sure if it is a completed one, or a test, it just sits with some of my other ones. 

I want to host an old ski tournament, where all the skis have to be from pre 2012 i think could be fun, but the logistics of finding and making sure they are all safe to ski on is a nightmare in itself. 

• Like 4

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾

• Baller
38 minutes ago, Horton said:

I would love to find a fresh 67 Sixam 1.0. Is one of the all-time great skis.

Interesting - My regular ski buddy still is skiing his 67.5 Sixam 1.0  - it still rips.  I keep thinking he should upgrade but he doesn't like change

7 hours ago, mike_mapple said:

.790, 2.510, 6.840

@Hoity

Hey Mike, appreciate the reply, excuse my ignorance could you flesh out those numbers a little please. Existing numbers new from dealer;
Tail end to back of front boot- 31.250 inches

fin depth - shallowest settiing

fin fore and aft - 0

foil angle - 7 degrees

haven't skied it for 10 years and it felt a little heavy (I am a lot heavier haha) in the water compared to a radar senate. So wanted to get a baseline we can tweak it from as my son who is ideally suited to the ski.

• Baller

@Hoity Welcome!

Those numbers are to set the fin. Radar has a pretty decent write up about how to do it. If it is illegal to post this copied image here I’m sure Horton will panda me appropriately.

image.jpeg

The numbers from Mike are:

Distance from Tail -  0.790”

Fin Depth - 2.510”

Fin Length - 6.840

Wing Angle is not included there but 7 degrees sounds like a good start. If it has been a while and you’ve put on some lbs you could just leave the wing off to start.

The boot placement you quoted sounds about right for a 69” ski.

If you want to really get into this, buy a copy of Fin Whispering by Jay Poscente. 

https://finwhispering.com/

• Like 1

Tha

5 hours ago, KRoundy said:

@Hoity Welcome!

Those numbers are to set the fin. Radar has a pretty decent write up about how to do it. If it is illegal to post this copied image here I’m sure Horton will panda me appropriately.

image.jpeg

The numbers from Mike are:

Distance from Tail -  0.790”

Fin Depth - 2.510”

Fin Length - 6.840

Wing Angle is not included there but 7 degrees sounds like a good start. If it has been a while and you’ve put on some lbs you could just leave the wing off to start.

The boot placement you quoted sounds about right for a 69” ski.

If you want to really get into this, buy a copy of Fin Whispering by Jay Poscente. 

https://finwhispering.com/

Thankyou