whats the current equivelent HO CX Cross 67" 2015

• Baller

We lent our 2015 67" HO Womens CX to my wife's mum and she LOVED it. She has previously used an advanced course ski which hunted and was far to agressive for long line open water 26-28mph skiing. The CX has minimal drag, is forgiving, fun and cuts well in open water. If we coud buy the exact same ski, we would. What is the current equivelent?

How does either the 2023 HO Carbon Omni Womens or 2023 HO Carbon Omega Max Womens compare to the 2015 CX? 

cx cross.png

• Baller

When that CX was new they sold a CX and a wider TX, those two got blended together to form the Omni which was slightly wider than the CX and slightly narrower than the TX so she'll probably like it, the Omega max is on my wish list and I loved the Omni, the CX although I had a Co-efficient X which was the predecessor of the CX and I didn't like that much.

• Baller

same shape, just different materials - i would get whatever fits your budget if they are just a once in a while skier.  If they are more serious I would probably go Carbon.  just my thoughts

• Baller
On 3/26/2024 at 4:46 PM, GregHind said:

what is the difference between the omni and the carbon omni? Obviously weight but what about drag, fun etc?

I'd do the carbon omni not much more $ and won't be wondering. it also comes with an adjustable fin which the lower spec does not.