Supercharged Ilmor

LoopSki

• Baller

\\\ Me in 93 when MC came up with the LT-1 Corvette 310 hp engine and the Powerslot transmission.

''Who really needs more then 300 hp in a ski boat ?''

Guess i was wrong!

• Haha 1

• Baller

I wonder if it can be special ordered from MC for a Prostar.  I know it's not listed as an option, but money talks.  Just like the 8.1L or the LS3 wasn't an option in a Malibu Response back in the day, but there are some out there that were factory ordered.

• Baller

The stuff I’ve read says this is for their surf boats exclusively. X24 x26 xSTAR. The kids can never have too much power when they’re commanding 5 tons of tug churning along off-plane at 12 mph….

• Baller

This is cool.  I have the 6.2L in my '16 and it is crazy powerful.  This supercharged version would be fun to drive but much like the regular 6.2 overkill for skiing. I only got mine with this engine because I was worried about long line barefoot application.  

• Like 1

• Baller

My ProStar 190 Limited was built in December of 1992, so it was one of the first boats with the Corvette LT1. If you look on the inside you can see where the motorbox was cut in half and stretched to accommodate the LT1.

• Like 4