HO Sabre unboxing

• Administrators

@Deanoski Large. For my first ride, I thought it might be too big but as I rode it more I think that is correct. 

I will get you the settings when I go to my shop later. 

@BGrow76 It wants to turn. It is plenty stable. It makes speed into the wakes well and bleeds speed fast

Running 32s and 35s -  I likely skied the Sabre past its ideal level of skiing. At this level the ski wants the skier to be very centered and still approaching apex.  At a slower speed or longer rope this ski will become increasingly forgiving. For the price I think it is pretty good. If you have a few extra $ then you would want the Works 2. 

• Administrators

@Rednucleus I only sort of remember the CX see the 2014 review below. I think that skis is optimized for low drag with a zero bevel tail. Spitballing here... I think the Sabre is going to turn more aggressively especially if you get on the front at Off Side and more automatically at On Side. The Sabre is going to be almost as fast into the wakes and slow down better into the ball. You are going to have much more angle on the Sabre so it might even feel faster. @savaiusini will correct me if I screwed any of this up 🙂 

• Thanks 1

• Baller
On 5/2/2024 at 7:52 AM, Rednucleus said:

@Horton @savaiusini I am on a 2017 CX Superlite, love this ski for my 15 off 30-32 mi hr skiing; how would you compare my ski to this one - thanks, Red

@Rednucleus I would say your CX falls right in between the Sabre and the Omni shapes as far as surface area/width is concerned. If you like the CX (which I'm guessing you do since you've had it for 7 years), you'll LOVE the new for 2024 Omni shape at your speeds and line lengths. Skiing will get easier for you and you will likely find yourself wanting to cut rope. If you wanted to speed the boat up and/or cut some rope, you may be more inclined to drive the Sabre. Sabre is intended to be a high-end open water/course tool (made from the Works 02 mold). 

Here are a couple vids to take you a little deeper:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations