Animal Binding Repair

• Baller_

I have double Animals with the rear white laces (2018 model).  Started skiing yesterday and noticed on my front boot the rubber overlay that wraps around and is part of the laces had torn out in front. Don't see any OEM replacements. Anyone deal with this - other repair options. Have been on these a long time and very comfortable, would rather not change as I am old and stubborn.

Thanks, Red

• Baller_

As desperation sets in I have resorted to ‘stitching’ the overlay back together with safety wire.  It holds very well, just make sure you poke the wire through back away from the tear.  I also have safety wire pliers that help pulling the parts together and snug.  The safety wire hole (.025” dia) won’t tear like a zip tie notch might.

• Like 2

• Baller

@Rednucleus, you can have all these Animal parts if you think there is anything of value that will help mend your current pair!  I used Animals since 2006 but changed to T-Factors 3 year's ago and absolutely love them.  As you already know, it's becoming harder and harder to find parts.

IMG_2476.JPG

• Like 2

• Baller_

Thanks so much for all the offers for repair parts.  I took @ETskier advice and contacted Wileys. They still have Venom wraps identical pattern, different material. My bride was in Seattle so got them yesterday. A little thicker and more rubbery/flexible, will be interesting to see if they feel different. Here's some pics. I call my new binding "The Venimal". Hoping that shiny silver is good for a few more balls,or at least get me more style points on the dock!

animal1.jpg

animal2.jpg

animal3.jpg

• Like 3

• Baller_

Skied 2 sets yesterday.  My foot releases easier than the original wrap do to the more stretchy material. So I can pull the laces tighter and get a "snugger feel" to foot/ankle and still have a safe release.  Happy so far with the fix.