INDMAR 350 ETXCAT 5.7L engine

bananaron

• Baller
37 minutes ago, bananaron said:

Anyone have any experience with this engine.Any comments would be appreciated....thanks

Can you be more specific?  Any 5.7L Indmar with cats?  ETX referring to the extreme tuned manifolds?

• Baller
4 minutes ago, bananaron said:

That is what's in the boat.Its a 350 GM block which I think is approx 310 HP

I don’t doubt it’s in a boat lol…what year?  In what boat?  What problem?  I’ve hand many monsoons w ETX, some with some without cats.  Whats the issue

• Baller

Its a 2016 Gekko GTR I am curious about that engine as I recall some issues I thought I read on this site or another.I know for some skiers these smaller HP engines were under powered for skiing

• Baller
1 minute ago, bananaron said:

Its a 2016 Gekko GTR I am curious about that engine as I recall some issues I thought I read on this site or another.I know for some skiers these smaller HP engines were under powered for skiing

I would imagine that engine is very comparable to Malibu LCR or Malibu monsoon, pre or post cat.  Other than the Boltons by marinizers, there’s not a whole lot of variation in 5.7L engines.  I had an LCR in a response for many years. It was rated at 320 hp.  Plenty of power for skiing.  Very difficult to tell a difference between it and the monsoon at 340 hp.

In short, its fine!

• Baller

Best bet will be to ask on www.themalibucrew.com as a coupler of really knowledgible Indmar people there. As far as I know it's same as the Monsoon 335/340/350 but different exhaust manifolds as include CAT and obviously some ECM tweaks. The Monsoons have very good reputation.

• Baller
4 hours ago, bananaron said:

I’m not aware of any ubiquitous issues with any indmar 350s that would steer me away.   Probably in half the boats in the wild. 

• Baller_
Posted (edited)

ok! vortec engines:

known issues. cross migration  between cylinders is a common failure (head gasket). intake manifold leakage. circulation pump failure. 

indmar issues: to many hardware changes and lack of information of the many parts. some had the propensity to break the alternator bolt. wobbly raw water pumps. casting plugs In exhaust manifolds leakage. then there are a myriad of issues with the ls platforms..

Edited by Jody_Seal