Accuski/Perfect Pass

DaveD

• Baller

So far this season I've been skiing with behind boats that have Accuski.  I just skied behind a boat with Perfect Pass and struggled big time coming out of the ball.  With the perfect pass, I was constantly breaking at the waist as I was completing the turn.  It seemed like this boat was yanking me earlier than the Accuski boats.  Is this typical?  If so, what can I do to compensate for this difference? 

• Baller
Take note of the KX setting of the perfect pass.  The default is a "Normal" read out on the LCD.  Try setting the KX on the perfect to a "-" or "--".  This delays the reaction of the perfect pass so that the rpms pick up slower when the boat gets a load.  It should  feel a like a softer pull.  You can play with it.  It can make a difference boat to boat.

• Baller
I have been behind a boat with ZO (Trophy Lakes).  In my opinion it was actually a more consistant and softer pull then my PP; but, not enough to make me go out and make the $1200.00 investment, when the PP works just fine.  That's just my two cents.  I ski with 2 proffessional drivers, one being Dana Reid, and they both say the ZO will take over all tournament sites.

And when we get a solar flare we can  can break out the hand timers.

Just kidding, or maybe I'm not!

Can't wait to see what the Zero Off people came up with. 

• Baller

I think i've got a while before I have to worry about adding a third speed control to the issue.  I don't get a lot of opportunities to ski behind new boats. 

Right now I need help figuring out how to go back and forth without taking a set or two to adapt.  I'll try the "-" and "--" this morning.  Is there anything I can do in the course that will help too? 

• Baller

From a technique standpoint; when I start breaking at the waist because I am getting tired or skiing lazy, I concentrate more on my counter rotation which slows the turn down and gets the ski out in front.  Then it is just a matter of staying in the strong position.  Yeh right.......easier said then done.  This is just what seems to work for me.

• Baller

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but...

1 - Will ZO be the next Accuski (i.e. - great idea but can't gain marketshare)? 

2 - Will PP respond by creating their own gps system?

3 - Will ZO have enough money to be the official sponsor of enough major tournaments?

4 - Will there be a ZO retrofit kit available for non-DBW boats?

5 - Will competitive skiers be patient enough to take the time to adjust to ZO (and be willing to give up that extra pass during the transition period)?

Anthony

• Baller

1.  Don't know???

2.  I heard rumors that they are....

3.  see # 1

4.  They are supposed to be coming out with one, not sure how it is going to work

5.  see #1 & #3

Does anyone know if Jamie Bueaschene (sp?) was behind PP or ZO at when he set the record a couple of weeks ago?? 

• Baller

I'm going to hyjack the thread back.  I worked with Ty Oppenlander today.  He got me straightened out with the breaking waste issue.  Slow the turns and rotate the hips to the handle.  32 off here I come.